wireless sensor tags

biggus
Is anyone using/playing with them

http://wirelesstag.net/

Seems to be just one product that can be used to monitor/log motion and temperature.   The price is right, though.

Mike

Re: wireless sensor tags

Alan Womack-2
fascinating.  any links to a live webpage so parsing could be looked
at or a xml feed you can get from your tags?

I thought their "add page" said $15 for three tags, but they appear to
be $15 each!

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Mike Warner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is anyone using/playing with them
>
> http://wirelesstag.net/
>
> Seems to be just one product that can be used to monitor/log motion and
> temperature.   The price is right, though.
>
> Mike

Re: wireless sensor tags

biggus
if I read correctly, there is a web page for the receiver that shows the info.

fascinating.  any links to a live webpage so parsing could be looked
at or a xml feed you can get from your tags?

I thought their "add page" said $15 for three tags, but they appear to
be $15 each!

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Mike Warner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is anyone using/playing with them
>
> http://wirelesstag.net/
>
> Seems to be just one product that can be used to monitor/log motion and
> temperature.  The price is right, though.
>
> Mike

Re: wireless sensor tags

Brent DeShazer
Everything I read seemed to be referring to their on-line web pages and not one on the receiver…

On Aug 23, 2012, at 5:07 PM, Mike Warner wrote:

if I read correctly, there is a web page for the receiver that shows the info.

fascinating.  any links to a live webpage so parsing could be looked
at or a xml feed you can get from your tags?

I thought their "add page" said $15 for three tags, but they appear to
be $15 each!

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Mike Warner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is anyone using/playing with them
>
> http://wirelesstag.net/
>
> Seems to be just one product that can be used to monitor/log motion and
> temperature.  The price is right, though.
>
> Mike

Re: wireless sensor tags

biggus
hmmm...looks like you're right, Brent.  All data goes through their servers.

Everything I read seemed to be referring to their on-line web pages and not one on the receiver…

On Aug 23, 2012, at 5:07 PM, Mike Warner wrote:

if I read correctly, there is a web page for the receiver that shows the info.

fascinating.  any links to a live webpage so parsing could be looked
at or a xml feed you can get from your tags?

I thought their "add page" said $15 for three tags, but they appear to
be $15 each!

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Mike Warner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is anyone using/playing with them
>
> http://wirelesstag.net/
>
> Seems to be just one product that can be used to monitor/log motion and
> temperature.  The price is right, though.
>
> Mike

Re: wireless sensor tags

Brent DeShazer
Still haven't heard back on my inquiry to them.

If they aren't using SSL then we could always sniff the communication and then create host or dns entries and redirect the traffic back to our own servers to process the updates.

In this day and age I'd be pretty surprised if they weren't encrypting the communication though...