v4.2 preparations

H Plato
Hello,

  It’s been 7 months since v4.1 was released. Looking at the change log, there have been a few additions to master;

        • Enhancement #588 - New DSC module.
        • Enhancement #587 - New Clipsal CBus support added.
        • Enhancement #593 - Individual 1 3 phase mode per PLCBUS device
        • New feature #589 - Add basic support for ezio8sa.
        • New feature #592 - raZberry: add support for binary sensors
        • New feature #595 - WGL Rain8Net support
        • New feature #601 - Doorbird support
        • New feature #613 - MySensors support
        • Bugfix #591 - Fix http server behind nginx

I’ve also added in Evapotranspiration support, and added a bunch of enhancements to IA7 (authentication, updated IA5 components such as comics, email, setup mr.house, audio, notifications, object logging, and the UI components for Wayne’s scheduler).

I thought it might be good to gather up these updates and start planning out a fall v4.2 release. Maybe we shoot for a early October ‘feature freeze’, so then we can update master and get some testing feedback? Thoughts?

Re: v4.2 preparations

Jeff Siddall
On 09/20/2016 11:52 PM, H Plato wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   It’s been 7 months since v4.1 was released. Looking at the change log, there have been a few additions to master;
>
> • Enhancement #588 - New DSC module.
> • Enhancement #587 - New Clipsal CBus support added.
> • Enhancement #593 - Individual 1 3 phase mode per PLCBUS device
> • New feature #589 - Add basic support for ezio8sa.
> • New feature #592 - raZberry: add support for binary sensors
> • New feature #595 - WGL Rain8Net support
> • New feature #601 - Doorbird support
> • New feature #613 - MySensors support
> • Bugfix #591 - Fix http server behind nginx
>
> I’ve also added in Evapotranspiration support, and added a bunch of enhancements to IA7 (authentication, updated IA5 components such as comics, email, setup mr.house, audio, notifications, object logging, and the UI components for Wayne’s scheduler).
>
> I thought it might be good to gather up these updates and start planning out a fall v4.2 release. Maybe we shoot for a early October ‘feature freeze’, so then we can update master and get some testing feedback? Thoughts?

Sounds like a good plan.  Biannual releases seem pretty common for
active projects now so I would agree it is about time.

Jeff