Quantcast

pico2wave as tts on rPi?

Rick Bolen(gm)
Hello all,

Has anyone successfully implemented the pico2wave tts engine on MH?

to mh.private.ini I added:

voice_text=pico2wave
voice_text_pico2wave = /opt/mh/speaktxt.sh
<<<

and then, speaktxt.sh:

#! /bin/bash

pico2wave -w /opt/mh/spoken.wav -l en-US "$1" && aplay /opt/mh/spoken.wav
<<<

The bash script works at the terminal, but doesn't seem to work from MH.
I'm not sure how to check if the script is spawned from MH.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rick

Re: pico2wave as tts on rPi?

Jeff Siddall
On 12/06/2016 08:11 PM, Rick Bolen(gm) wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Has anyone successfully implemented the pico2wave tts engine on MH?
>
> to mh.private.ini I added:
>
>  >>>
> voice_text=pico2wave
> voice_text_pico2wave = /opt/mh/speaktxt.sh
> <<<
>
> and then, speaktxt.sh:
>
>  >>>
> #! /bin/bash
>
> pico2wave -w /opt/mh/spoken.wav -l en-US "$1" && aplay /opt/mh/spoken.wav
> <<<
>
> The bash script works at the terminal, but doesn't seem to work from MH.
> I'm not sure how to check if the script is spawned from MH.
>
> Any ideas?

Not sure that this will work, but you might need to put the full path to
pico2wave and aplay (ex: /usr/bin/aplay etc.) in your speaktxt.sh script.

Re: pico2wave as tts on rPi?

Rick Bolen(gm)
Thx. I've shelved using pico2wave at the moment. It looks like it'll
take coding into Voice_Text.pm. I may get back to that in the future.

I've gone with flite at the moment. It's robotic, but this application
isn't critical, and it just works.

Rick