homebridge lightbulb or light

12

homebridge lightbulb or light

Thomas MacLean-2
HI

I'm finally getting around to setting up the homebridge integration.  I notice the homebridge_gen_config created HB_LIGHT configurations with a device type of "light", whereas homebridge HttpMulti.js seems to expect "lightbulb".

When I used the generated json.config, homebridge said my "light"s were unrecognized device types ... homebridge only worked once I rename the type in the json.config file to lightbulb.

Should it have worked without my tweak?  I could probably the config generator, but I first want to know I'm not doing something stupid.

Thanks,
Tom

Re: homebridge lightbulb or light

H Plato
Hi Thomas,

 If you're using IOS9 then your tweak should work with the current homebridge-httpmulti accessory.  I also noticed that problem when I was working on it yesterday. With IOS10, my homebridge-httpmulti accessory didn’t work. I’ve been working on an update and have it about half working. (blinds, locks, switches work; not garage doors, light brightness or thermostats yet)

> On Oct 1, 2016, at 8:19 AM, Thomas MacLean <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> HI
>
> I'm finally getting around to setting up the homebridge integration.  I notice the homebridge_gen_config created HB_LIGHT configurations with a device type of "light", whereas homebridge HttpMulti.js seems to expect "lightbulb".
>
> When I used the generated json.config, homebridge said my "light"s were unrecognized device types ... homebridge only worked once I rename the type in the json.config file to lightbulb.
>
> Should it have worked without my tweak?  I could probably the config generator, but I first want to know I'm not doing something stupid.
>
> Thanks,
> Tom

Re: homebridge lightbulb or light

Thomas MacLean-2

I am actually using IOS10.

The only other undocumented thing I needed to do (on my RPi) was to "npm install request --global" in order to make homebridge-legacy-plugins work.

-Tom

On 2016-10-01, at 10:30 AM, H Plato <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> If you're using IOS9 then your tweak should work with the current homebridge-httpmulti accessory.  I also noticed that problem when I was working on it yesterday. With IOS10, my homebridge-httpmulti accessory didn’t work. I’ve been working on an update and have it about half working. (blinds, locks, switches work; not garage doors, light brightness or thermostats yet)
>

>> On Oct 1, 2016, at 8:19 AM, Thomas MacLean <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> HI
>>
>> I'm finally getting around to setting up the homebridge integration.  I notice the homebridge_gen_config created HB_LIGHT configurations with a device type of "light", whereas homebridge HttpMulti.js seems to expect "lightbulb".
>>
>> When I used the generated json.config, homebridge said my "light"s were unrecognized device types ... homebridge only worked once I rename the type in the json.config file to lightbulb.
>>
>> Should it have worked without my tweak?  I could probably the config generator, but I first want to know I'm not doing something stupid.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tom

Re: homebridge lightbulb or light

H Plato
I have a new homebridge.pl (replaced homebridge_gen_config.pl since it both generates a config file, and now provides a webservice to respond to status requests) on my github homebridge branch, and a new httpmulti accessory. I tried publishing the accessory with npm, so that might work to install it.

So far, it seems to work, I can control lights, switches, fans, blinds, garagedoors — and IOS pulls the live status from MH. Which is neat. Both voice and the IOS 10 home app seem to work.

Thermostats also partially work. I only have a venstar, so I can pull the mode and current setpoint, and then change the setpoint. I have a bit more logic around adjusting schedules to do. If anyone has other thermostats they want to control, it should be straightforward if they want to add support.

Do you want to test it out? Be good to have some beta testing before including it to the upcoming 4.2 release.

> On Oct 2, 2016, at 8:05 AM, Thomas MacLean <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> I am actually using IOS10.
>
> The only other undocumented thing I needed to do (on my RPi) was to "npm install request --global" in order to make homebridge-legacy-plugins work.
>
> -Tom
>
> On 2016-10-01, at 10:30 AM, H Plato <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Thomas,
>>
>> If you're using IOS9 then your tweak should work with the current homebridge-httpmulti accessory.  I also noticed that problem when I was working on it yesterday. With IOS10, my homebridge-httpmulti accessory didn’t work. I’ve been working on an update and have it about half working. (blinds, locks, switches work; not garage doors, light brightness or thermostats yet)
>>

>>> On Oct 1, 2016, at 8:19 AM, Thomas MacLean <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> HI
>>>
>>> I'm finally getting around to setting up the homebridge integration.  I notice the homebridge_gen_config created HB_LIGHT configurations with a device type of "light", whereas homebridge HttpMulti.js seems to expect "lightbulb".
>>>
>>> When I used the generated json.config, homebridge said my "light"s were unrecognized device types ... homebridge only worked once I rename the type in the json.config file to lightbulb.
>>>
>>> Should it have worked without my tweak?  I could probably the config generator, but I first want to know I'm not doing something stupid.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Tom

Re: homebridge lightbulb or light

Serge Martel (smartel)
I am trying to update my Homebridge integration, but having a hard time,

What I did:

-took the homebridge.pl code and added it to my code directory
-cloned the new 0.2.1 homebridge-legacy-plugins into my node_modules directory
-added a homebridge_service_path (pointing to my homebridge binary) and a homebridge_config_dir (pointing to /home/pi/.homebridge directory) variable in my mh.private.ini file.

I can start the service when I go to Menu and run the code, but my config.json file is not generated, and I am unable to stop or restart the service.

What I am missing?

 Thank you!

I have a new homebridge.pl (replaced homebridge_gen_config.pl since it both generates a config file, and now provides a webservice to respond to status requests) on my github homebridge branch, and a new httpmulti accessory. I tried publishing the accessory with npm, so that might work to install it.

So far, it seems to work, I can control lights, switches, fans, blinds, garagedoors — and IOS pulls the live status from MH. Which is neat. Both voice and the IOS 10 home app seem to work.

Thermostats also partially work. I only have a venstar, so I can pull the mode and current setpoint, and then change the setpoint. I have a bit more logic around adjusting schedules to do. If anyone has other thermostats they want to control, it should be straightforward if they want to add support.

Do you want to test it out? Be good to have some beta testing before including it to the upcoming 4.2 release.

> On Oct 2, 2016, at 8:05 AM, Thomas MacLean <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> I am actually using IOS10.
>
> The only other undocumented thing I needed to do (on my RPi) was to "npm install request --global" in order to make homebridge-legacy-plugins work.
>
> -Tom
>
> On 2016-10-01, at 10:30 AM, H Plato <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Thomas,
>>
>> If you're using IOS9 then your tweak should work with the current
>> homebridge-httpmulti accessory.  I also noticed that problem when I
>> was working on it yesterday. With IOS10, my homebridge-httpmulti
>> accessory didn’t work. I’ve been working on an update and have it
>> about half working. (blinds, locks, switches work; not garage doors,
>> light brightness or thermostats yet)
>>

>>> On Oct 1, 2016, at 8:19 AM, Thomas MacLean <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> HI
>>>
>>> I'm finally getting around to setting up the homebridge integration.  I notice the homebridge_gen_config created HB_LIGHT configurations with a device type of "light", whereas homebridge HttpMulti.js seems to expect "lightbulb".
>>>
>>> When I used the generated json.config, homebridge said my "light"s were unrecognized device types ... homebridge only worked once I rename the type in the json.config file to lightbulb.
>>>
>>> Should it have worked without my tweak?  I could probably the config generator, but I first want to know I'm not doing something stupid.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Tom

Re: homebridge lightbulb or light

Did the NPM install work? I published the source to npm but didn’t try an install.

The status URL is this:

curl "http://mhip:80/SUB?hb_status%28ITEM,light%29"

(replace ITEM with your item name _without the $_)

For lights it should provide back 0 - 100, for switches a 0 or 1.

I use an IOlinc and the IOLinc::Door object. Was working great for 2 years, however now it only seems to open the garage door about 2’ so that’s on the list of things to figure out.

I see a live status for my lock, blinds, fan and light. I’m using razberry for the locks, fan and blinds, and insteon for the lights.

> On Oct 22, 2016, at 12:58 PM, Serge Martel (smartel) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Ha got it.
>
> - Removed homebridge-legacy-pluggins and replaced it with homebridge-httpmulti and I installed it with npm
> - had a permissions issue creating the config.json file in my directory, fixed-it works like a charm now
> - Can comfirm voice and native IOS10 app works!
>
> Still have an issue with status update, I can see the the Requested currentstate :0 message in the mh log when I start the app, but the status does not reflect the current state on the IOS device, I only have switches and lights and they both respond with currentstate 0 regardless of their real status.
>
> Status update works great the other way with IA7, that's cool
>
> How do you get garage door control? What module do you use? Would be great
>
> Thanks for the work!
>
> Serge

Yup it did the install, no problems.

Status url gives me a connection refused

curl "http://127.0.0.1:80/SUB?hb_status%28ITEM,garage%29", (that is correct syntax right) I guess it means the web service is not running, how can I start troubleshooting?
I was never successful to activate logging for Homebridge, so I don't get feedback other than when I start it from command line. I don'T see any errors when I do so.

Too bad, I don't have Insteon anymore, replaced it with Razberry when it died. I will be interfacing with my card reader to get garage door control, but I keep that challenge for later...

Serge

Did the NPM install work? I published the source to npm but didn’t try an install.

The status URL is this:

curl "http://mhip:80/SUB?hb_status%28ITEM,light%29"

(replace ITEM with your item name _without the $_)

For lights it should provide back 0 - 100, for switches a 0 or 1.

I use an IOlinc and the IOLinc::Door object. Was working great for 2 years, however now it only seems to open the garage door about 2’ so that’s on the list of things to figure out.

I see a live status for my lock, blinds, fan and light. I’m using razberry for the locks, fan and blinds, and insteon for the lights.

> On Oct 22, 2016, at 12:58 PM, Serge Martel (smartel) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Ha got it.
>
> - Removed homebridge-legacy-pluggins and replaced it with
> homebridge-httpmulti and I installed it with npm
> - had a permissions issue creating the config.json file in my
> directory, fixed-it works like a charm now
> - Can comfirm voice and native IOS10 app works!
>
> Still have an issue with status update, I can see the the Requested currentstate :0 message in the mh log when I start the app, but the status does not reflect the current state on the IOS device, I only have switches and lights and they both respond with currentstate 0 regardless of their real status.
>
> Status update works great the other way with IA7, that's cool
>
> How do you get garage door control? What module do you use? Would be
> great
>
> Thanks for the work!
>
> Serge

Connection refused.  That’s interesting.

I assume you’re executing curl localhost (127.0.0.1) on the server that has Mh running, and it runs on port 80?

Running any sub should get a reply:

curl "http://mhip/SUB?blah"

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<LINK REL="STYLESHEET" HREF="/default.css" TYPE="text/css">
<TITLE></TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

Web html function not found: &blah
</BODY>
</HTML>

Do you also have homebridge_gen_config.pl in common code enabled, as it has the same subroutine name (in my branch I delete that file)?

> On Oct 22, 2016, at 3:02 PM, Serge Martel (smartel) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Yup it did the install, no problems.
>
> Status url gives me a connection refused
>
> curl "http://127.0.0.1:80/SUB?hb_status%28ITEM,garage%29", (that is correct syntax right) I guess it means the web service is not running, how can I start troubleshooting?
> I was never successful to activate logging for Homebridge, so I don't get feedback other than when I start it from command line. I don'T see any errors when I do so.
>

> Too bad, I don't have Insteon anymore, replaced it with Razberry when it died. I will be interfacing with my card reader to get garage door control, but I keep that challenge for later...
>
> Serge

I deleted the file homebridge_gen_config.pl

And yes I run my command on the host mh is running, I get the same result running with it's ip as expected.
curl "http://192.168.67.210/SUB?blah"

I get connection refused

Connection refused.  That’s interesting.

I assume you’re executing curl localhost (127.0.0.1) on the server that has Mh running, and it runs on port 80?

Running any sub should get a reply:

curl "http://mhip/SUB?blah"

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<LINK REL="STYLESHEET" HREF="/default.css" TYPE="text/css"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY>

Web html function not found: &blah
</BODY>
</HTML>

Do you also have homebridge_gen_config.pl in common code enabled, as it has the same subroutine name (in my branch I delete that file)?

> On Oct 22, 2016, at 3:02 PM, Serge Martel (smartel) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Yup it did the install, no problems.
>
> Status url gives me a connection refused
>
> curl "http://127.0.0.1:80/SUB?hb_status%28ITEM,garage%29", (that is correct syntax right) I guess it means the web service is not running, how can I start troubleshooting?
> I was never successful to activate logging for Homebridge, so I don't get feedback other than when I start it from command line. I don'T see any errors when I do so.
>

> Too bad, I don't have Insteon anymore, replaced it with Razberry when it died. I will be interfacing with my card reader to get garage door control, but I keep that challenge for later...
>
> Serge

Timothy Spaulding
The NPM worked as I used it the other day.

Can you send me the homebridge.pl separately so I don'thave to ull down you MH branch?

Did the NPM install work? I published the source to npm but didn’t try an install.

The status URL is this:

curl "http://mhip:80/SUB?hb_status%28ITEM,light%29"

(replace ITEM with your item name _without the $_)

For lights it should provide back 0 - 100, for switches a 0 or 1.

I use an IOlinc and the IOLinc::Door object. Was working great for 2 years, however now it only seems to open the garage door about 2’ so that’s on the list of things to figure out.

I see a live status for my lock, blinds, fan and light. I’m using razberry for the locks, fan and blinds, and insteon for the lights.

> On Oct 22, 2016, at 12:58 PM, Serge Martel (smartel) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Ha got it.
>
> - Removed homebridge-legacy-pluggins and replaced it with
> homebridge-httpmulti and I installed it with npm
> - had a permissions issue creating the config.json file in my
> directory, fixed-it works like a charm now
> - Can comfirm voice and native IOS10 app works!
>
> Still have an issue with status update, I can see the the Requested currentstate :0 message in the mh log when I start the app, but the status does not reflect the current state on the IOS device, I only have switches and lights and they both respond with currentstate 0 regardless of their real status.
>
> Status update works great the other way with IA7, that's cool
>
> How do you get garage door control? What module do you use? Would be
> great
>
> Thanks for the work!
>
> Serge

What do you have for password_allow_clients in the mh.ini

Try this:

password_allow_clients = 127\.0\.0\.1,192\.168\.67\..+

You can download just the file from github: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hplato/misterhouse/homebridge/code/common/homebridge.pl

> On Oct 22, 2016, at 4:13 PM, Timothy Spaulding <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The NPM worked as I used it the other day.
>
> Can you send me the homebridge.pl separately so I don'thave to ull down you MH branch?

Ok, sorry I misunderstood how it works, language barrier, and coding barrier ;)

I thought you were using a NEW web service to query the status, you are, of course using MH, so my port for MH is 8080. My new curl command :

curl "http://192.168.67.210:8080/SUB?hb_status%28garage,switch%29", I now get back the proper response: 1 for ON 0 for OFF

now creates a log entry in MH saying :
[Homebridge]: Status request: item=Cuisine state=on status=[1]

I don't get a log entry when I start the app, and sometimes it stays for a long time at updating, I switched my phone from French to English, but it makes no difference. Still no updates to status in my IOS native app or Mytouch Home app, unless it was controlled by one of those apps.

Just to be clear I don't need to update anything other than homebridge-httpmulti and create the homebridge.pl, right?

Serge

What do you have for password_allow_clients in the mh.ini

Try this:

password_allow_clients = 127\.0\.0\.1,192\.168\.67\..+

> On Oct 22, 2016, at 4:14 PM, Serge Martel (smartel) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I deleted the file homebridge_gen_config.pl
>
> And yes I run my command on the host mh is running, I get the same result running with it's ip as expected.
> curl "http://192.168.67.210/SUB?blah"
>
> I get connection refused

Right.

Double check that there is a status_url in the config.json, and that it’s similar to the one that you’ve tested.

Are any parts of the legacy-plugins or the old httpmulti accessory still installed?

This is the partial log that I get when I start up homebridge:

[Family Room Fan] Initializing HttpMulti accessory...
[Family Room Fan] HttpMulti Fan Object Initializing...
[Family Room Fan] HttpMulti Initialization complete for fan:Family Room Fan:X333274532
[Office PC] Initializing HttpMulti accessory...
[Office PC] HttpMulti Switch Object Initializing...
[Office PC] HttpMulti Initialization complete for switch:Office PC:X809621608
[Master Bedroom Light] Initializing HttpMulti accessory...
[Master Bedroom Light] HttpMulti Light Object Initializing...
[Master Bedroom Light] HttpMulti Initialization complete for light:Master Bedroom Light:X1807446815
[Family Room Light] Initializing HttpMulti accessory...
[Family Room Light] HttpMulti Light Object Initializing...
[Family Room Light] HttpMulti Initialization complete for light:Family Room Light:X1839945881
[Garage Door Lock] Initializing HttpMulti accessory...
[Garage Door Lock] HttpMulti Lock Object Initializing...
[Garage Door Lock] HttpMulti Initialization complete for lock:Garage Door Lock:X2122188821
[thermostat upper] Initializing HttpMulti accessory...
[thermostat upper] HttpMulti Thermostat Object Initializing...
[thermostat upper] HttpMulti Initialization complete for thermostat:thermostat upper:X665774733
[Family Room Blind] Initializing HttpMulti accessory...
[Family Room Blind] HttpMulti Blind Object Initializing...
[Family Room Blind] HttpMulti Initialization complete for blinds:Family Room Blind:X1849089626
Scan this code with your HomeKit App on your iOS device to pair with Homebridge:

    ┌────────────┐
    │ xxx-xx-xxx│
    └────────────┘

Homebridge is running on port 51826.
[Master Bedroom Light] Requested CurrentState: 0
[Master Bedroom Light] Requested CurrentState: 0
[Master Bedroom Light] Status_URL: http://mhip:80/SUB?hb_status%28master_bedroom_light%29
[Master Bedroom Light] Got Status 100
[Master Bedroom Light] callback CurrentState: 100
[Master Bedroom Light] Status_URL: http://mhip:80/SUB?hb_status%28master_bedroom_light%29
[Master Bedroom Light] Got Status 28
[Master Bedroom Light] callback CurrentState: 28
[Family Room Blind] Requested CurrentState: 0
[Family Room Blind] Requested CurrentState: 0
[Office PC] Requested CurrentState: 0
[Family Room Fan] Requested CurrentState: 0
[Family Room Fan] Requested CurrentState: 0
[thermostat upper] Requested CurrentState: undefined
[thermostat upper] Requested CurrentUnits: 0
[thermostat upper] Requested CurrentState: undefined
[thermostat upper] Requested CurrentTemp: undefined
[thermostat upper] Requested CurrentTemp: undefined
[Garage Door Lock] Requested CurrentState: 0
[Garage Door Lock] Requested CurrentState: 0
[Family Room Light] Requested CurrentState: 0
[Family Room Light] Requested CurrentState: 0
[Infiniti Garage Door] Requested CurrentState: 0
[Infiniti Garage Door] Requested CurrentState: 0
[Infiniti Garage Door] Requested Obstructed: false
[Family Room Blind] Status_URL: http://mhip:80/SUB?hb_status%28main_top_blinds%29
[Family Room Blind] Got Status 100
[Family Room Blind] callback CurrentState: 100
[Family Room Blind] Status_URL: http://mhip:80/SUB?hb_status%28main_top_blinds%29
[Family Room Blind] Got Status 100
[Family Room Blind] callback CurrentState: 100
[Office PC] Status_URL: http://mhip:80/SUB?hb_status%28pc%29
[Office PC] Got Status false
[Office PC] callback CurrentState: false
[Family Room Fan] Status_URL: http://mhip:80/SUB?hb_status%28family_room_fan%29
[Family Room Fan] Got Status false
[Family Room Fan] callback CurrentState: false
[Family Room Fan] Status_URL: http://mhip:80/SUB?hb_status%28family_room_fan%29
[Family Room Fan] Got Status 0
[Family Room Fan] callback CurrentState: 0
[Garage Door Lock] Status_URL: http://mhip:80/SUB?hb_status%28garage_lock%29
[Garage Door Lock] Got Status false
[Garage Door Lock] callback CurrentState: false
[Garage Door Lock] Status_URL: http://mhip:80/SUB?hb_status%28garage_lock%29
[Garage Door Lock] Got Status false
[Garage Door Lock] callback CurrentState: false
[Family Room Light] Status_URL: http://mhip:80/SUB?hb_status%28family_light%29
[Family Room Light] Got Status 0
[Family Room Light] callback CurrentState: 0

> On Oct 23, 2016, at 5:17 PM, Serge Martel (smartel) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Ok, sorry I misunderstood how it works, language barrier, and coding barrier ;)
>
> I thought you were using a NEW web service to query the status, you are, of course using MH, so my port for MH is 8080. My new curl command :
>
> curl "http://192.168.67.210:8080/SUB?hb_status%28garage,switch%29", I now get back the proper response: 1 for ON 0 for OFF
>
> now creates a log entry in MH saying :
> [Homebridge]: Status request: item=Cuisine state=on status=[1]
>

> I don't get a log entry when I start the app, and sometimes it stays for a long time at updating, I switched my phone from French to English, but it makes no difference. Still no updates to status in my IOS native app or Mytouch Home app, unless it was controlled by one of those apps.
>
> Just to be clear I don't need to update anything other than homebridge-httpmulti and create the homebridge.pl, right?
>
> Serge

Right on,

I didn't realize that my config.json needed that status url. After I deleted the old homebridge_gen_config.pl, I didn't regenerate the config.json file boom, after I did that the update works!

Thanks for your help once again!
Keep up the good work, it really helps!

Serge

[...]

[Master Bedroom Light] Requested CurrentState: 0 [Master Bedroom Light] Requested CurrentState: 0 [Master Bedroom Light] Status_URL: http://mhip:80/SUB?hb_status%28master_bedroom_light%29
[Master Bedroom Light] Got Status 100
[Master Bedroom Light] callback CurrentState: 100 [Master Bedroom Light] Status_URL: http://mhip:80/SUB?hb_status%28master_bedroom_light%29
[Master Bedroom Light] Got Status 28
[Master Bedroom Light] callback CurrentState: 28 [Family Room Blind] Requested CurrentState: 0 [Family Room Blind] Requested CurrentState: 0 [Office PC] Requested CurrentState: 0 [Family Room Fan] Requested CurrentState: 0 [Family Room Fan] Requested CurrentState: 0 [thermostat upper] Requested CurrentState: undefined [thermostat upper] Requested CurrentUnits: 0 [thermostat upper] Requested CurrentState: undefined [thermostat upper] Requested CurrentTemp: undefined [thermostat upper] Requested CurrentTemp: undefined [Garage Door Lock] Requested CurrentState: 0 [Garage Door Lock] Requested CurrentState: 0 [Family Room Light] Requested CurrentState: 0 [Family Room Light] Requested CurrentState: 0 [Infiniti Garage Door] Requested CurrentState: 0 [Infiniti Garage Door] Requested CurrentState: 0 [Infiniti Garage Door] Requested Obstructed: false [Family Room Blind] Status_URL: http://mhip:80/SUB?hb_status%28main_top_blinds%29
[Family Room Blind] Got Status 100
[Family Room Blind] callback CurrentState: 100 [Family Room Blind] Status_URL: http://mhip:80/SUB?hb_status%28main_top_blinds%29
[Family Room Fan] callback CurrentState: false [Family Room Fan] Status_URL: http://mhip:80/SUB?hb_status%28family_room_fan%29
[Garage Door Lock] callback CurrentState: false [Garage Door Lock] Status_URL: http://mhip:80/SUB?hb_status%28garage_lock%29
[Garage Door Lock] Got Status false
[Garage Door Lock] callback CurrentState: false [Family Room Light] Status_URL: http://mhip:80/SUB?hb_status%28family_light%29
[Family Room Light] Got Status 0
[Family Room Light] callback CurrentState: 0

> On Oct 23, 2016, at 5:17 PM, Serge Martel (smartel) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Ok, sorry I misunderstood how it works, language barrier, and coding
> barrier ;)
>
> I thought you were using a NEW web service to query the status, you are, of course using MH, so my port for MH is 8080. My new curl command :
>
> curl "http://192.168.67.210:8080/SUB?hb_status%28garage,switch%29", I
> now get back the proper response: 1 for ON 0 for OFF
>
> now creates a log entry in MH saying :
> [Homebridge]: Status request: item=Cuisine state=on status=[1]
>

> I don't get a log entry when I start the app, and sometimes it stays for a long time at updating, I switched my phone from French to English, but it makes no difference. Still no updates to status in my IOS native app or Mytouch Home app, unless it was controlled by one of those apps.
>
> Just to be clear I don't need to update anything other than homebridge-httpmulti and create the homebridge.pl, right?
>
> Serge

Jon Whitear
Guys,

Would one of you mind posting the steps required to replace the older home bridge integration with this one?

I’ve deleted the old homebridge_gen_config.pl and config.json, and installed the new homebridge.pl in my code/common directory, but don’t really know how to progress from there.

Cheers,

Jon

> On 24 Oct. 2016, at 11:40 am, Serge Martel (smartel) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Right on,
>
> I didn't realize that my config.json needed that status url. After I deleted the old homebridge_gen_config.pl, I didn't regenerate the config.json file boom, after I did that the update works!
>
> Thanks for your help once again!
> Keep up the good work, it really helps!
>
> Serge

You’re most of the way there. All you need to do is enable the homebridge.pl common code module in MH, and then install the new httpmulti plugin.

I _think_ I actually published it to the npm service, so npm install -g homebridge-httpmulti seems to work.  You should probably remove the old httpmulti accessory before installing the new one, I don’t know if they’ll conflict. You might also have to update homebridge to the latest version.

I notice that the status sometimes shows in the IOS10 Home app as 1% when an item is ON. I think I know what that problem is, I’ll look into it in the next week or so.

> On Oct 28, 2016, at 5:44 PM, Jon Whitear <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Guys,
>
> Would one of you mind posting the steps required to replace the older home bridge integration with this one?
>
> I’ve deleted the old homebridge_gen_config.pl and config.json, and installed the new homebridge.pl in my code/common directory, but don’t really know how to progress from there.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jon
>

>> On 24 Oct. 2016, at 11:40 am, Serge Martel (smartel) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Right on,
>>
>> I didn't realize that my config.json needed that status url. After I deleted the old homebridge_gen_config.pl, I didn't regenerate the config.json file boom, after I did that the update works!
>>
>> Thanks for your help once again!
>> Keep up the good work, it really helps!
>>
>> Serge

Thanks! I had missed the step to regenerate the config.json, as I’m using the IA7 web interface so the “Menus” menu isn’t present. Anyway, it’s all working now, and very cool. All my lighting is on a Clipsal CBus system, and this seems to work very well with the status being reflected back to HomeKit when CBus changes.

Lights that are on a dimmer do show as 1% when they’re on, and I have a couple of lamps on relays (GPOs) that don’t work, which I assume is a related issue. Haven’t tested fans yet.

Re: homebridge lightbulb or light

Good to hear. The voice commands have all moved to the 'browse categories' section of IA7.

Sent from my mobile device.