debugging methods for html generators

Joel Davidson
I'm trying to get my dvd changer control s/w done, and I'm having
trouble with the code that does the on-the-fly html generation.  If I
put print_log statements in the code, they don't seem to write to the mh
log file, so what's the best way to debug this stuff?

I have to make too many changes to the code to get it to run standalone,
and that doesn't help track down what I think is a path problem for a
data file the code needs to read.

Anyone have any suggestions?  If I load the datafile into a hash at
startup, will the perl called from a web page button be able to access
it?  Thanks.

Joel
--
Joel Davidson