crawlspace_leak_dry: on<EOM>

Eloy Paris
Looks like it's time for a new water heater.

Alert sent via email by MisterHouse. I put an INSTEON water leak sensor
by the water heater because it's in the crawlspace and we wouldn't
immediately notice if it starts leaking water.

Attaching a couple of pictures...

Cheers,

Eloy Paris.-

1.jpeg (317K) Download Attachment
2.jpeg (239K) Download Attachment

Re: crawlspace_leak_dry: on<EOM>

H Plato
I’m sure mine’s on it’s last legs as well (I replaced the P&T valve in the summer).

I was hoping to find a 60Gal model that had some sort of instrumentation. Be interesting to track temps and to adjust the setpoint depending on schedules.

Rheem made a ‘wifi module’ available, but it had poor reviews and I think you could only place it in vacation mode — and it relied on a cloud service.  If you find anything interesting, post it to the list!

> On Dec 19, 2016, at 1:55 PM, Eloy Paris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Looks like it's time for a new water heater.
>
> Alert sent via email by MisterHouse. I put an INSTEON water leak sensor
> by the water heater because it's in the crawlspace and we wouldn't
> immediately notice if it starts leaking water.
>
> Attaching a couple of pictures...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Eloy Paris.-

> Training and support from Colfax.
> Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/intel________________________________________________________

Re: crawlspace_leak_dry: on<EOM>

John-778

Hah!   For a split second I thought the was the email my water detector sends me :)

Good job on having that all working...I need to test mine again as it has been a while...never had a real leak yet (thank goodness).

John