carbon monoxide detector

biggus
Hi list!

does anyone know of a good carbon monoxide detector that can tie in to MH?

Thanks,
Mike

Re: carbon monoxide detector

Daniel Durgin
Hello,

I have been thinking about something similar, only with a water sensor
and fire detectors.  My plan is to use 1-wire fs, similar to this:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=11264473

On 04/05/2011 02:34 PM, Mike Warner wrote:

> Hi list!
>
> does anyone know of a good carbon monoxide detector that can tie in to MH?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Re: carbon monoxide detector

Joel Davidson
I've got a bunch of Kidde smoke and co alarms in my house that tie
together so if one goes off they all go off.  Kidde also makes a module
that can be used to tie the bunch of them into an alarm sensor.
It's the Nighthawk series of alarms.  I got mine from either Home Depot
or Lowes.  The module for the co alarm is the CO120X, and they have
an equivalent module SM120X for tieing in the smoke alarm.  I've never
been able to find out if they have one module that will work for both
smoke and co, which would make sense as they have a dual smoke/co
detector.

Hope that helps.

Joel

On Tue, 5 Apr 2011, it would appear that Mike Warner wrote:

> Hi list!
>
> does anyone know of a good carbon monoxide detector that can tie in to MH?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Re: carbon monoxide detector

Joel Davidson
I just looked on the Kidde website some more, and you would need both
modules (CO120X and SM120X) to have mh detect either a smoke or co
event.

Joel

On Tue, 5 Apr 2011, it would appear that Joel Davidson wrote:

> I've got a bunch of Kidde smoke and co alarms in my house that tie
> together so if one goes off they all go off.  Kidde also makes a module
> that can be used to tie the bunch of them into an alarm sensor.
> It's the Nighthawk series of alarms.  I got mine from either Home Depot
> or Lowes.  The module for the co alarm is the CO120X, and they have
> an equivalent module SM120X for tieing in the smoke alarm.  I've never
> been able to find out if they have one module that will work for both
> smoke and co, which would make sense as they have a dual smoke/co
> detector.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Joel
>

> On Tue, 5 Apr 2011, it would appear that Mike Warner wrote:
>
>> Hi list!
>>
>> does anyone know of a good carbon monoxide detector that can tie in to MH?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mike

Re: carbon monoxide detector

biggus
thanks, Joel.  They do look like they'd fit the bill, but I'm not sure that I'd be able to hook them up.

Mike

--- In [hidden email], Joel Davidson <jrd@...> wrote:

> I just looked on the Kidde website some more, and you would need both
> modules (CO120X and SM120X) to have mh detect either a smoke or co
> event.
>
> Joel
>
> On Tue, 5 Apr 2011, it would appear that Joel Davidson wrote:
>
> > I've got a bunch of Kidde smoke and co alarms in my house that tie
> > together so if one goes off they all go off.  Kidde also makes a module
> > that can be used to tie the bunch of them into an alarm sensor.
> > It's the Nighthawk series of alarms.  I got mine from either Home Depot
> > or Lowes.  The module for the co alarm is the CO120X, and they have
> > an equivalent module SM120X for tieing in the smoke alarm.  I've never
> > been able to find out if they have one module that will work for both
> > smoke and co, which would make sense as they have a dual smoke/co
> > detector.
> >
> > Hope that helps.
> >
> > Joel
> >

> > On Tue, 5 Apr 2011, it would appear that Mike Warner wrote:
> >
> >> Hi list!
> >>
> >> does anyone know of a good carbon monoxide detector that can tie in to MH?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Mike

Re: carbon monoxide detector

Joel Davidson
Mike-

What do you mean by "not sure you can hook them up"?  Uncomfortable
installing 120v devices?  Not sure how to connect them to mh?

Joel

On Wed, 6 Apr 2011, it would appear that storemike wrote:

> thanks, Joel.  They do look like they'd fit the bill, but I'm not sure that I'd be able to hook them up.
>
> Mike
>
> --- In [hidden email], Joel Davidson <jrd@...> wrote:
>>
>> I just looked on the Kidde website some more, and you would need both
>> modules (CO120X and SM120X) to have mh detect either a smoke or co
>> event.
>>
>> Joel
>>
>> On Tue, 5 Apr 2011, it would appear that Joel Davidson wrote:
>>
>>> I've got a bunch of Kidde smoke and co alarms in my house that tie
>>> together so if one goes off they all go off.  Kidde also makes a module
>>> that can be used to tie the bunch of them into an alarm sensor.
>>> It's the Nighthawk series of alarms.  I got mine from either Home Depot
>>> or Lowes.  The module for the co alarm is the CO120X, and they have
>>> an equivalent module SM120X for tieing in the smoke alarm.  I've never
>>> been able to find out if they have one module that will work for both
>>> smoke and co, which would make sense as they have a dual smoke/co
>>> detector.
>>>
>>> Hope that helps.
>>>
>>> Joel

Re: carbon monoxide detector

biggus
Hi Joel,

I meant that I'm not sure how to connect them to MH.  They also look like they'd only register an event as noticed by the CO sensor.  I was thinking of capturing the ppm count.  Of course, that tech would probably be pretty pricey.

Mike

--- In [hidden email], Joel Davidson <jrd@...> wrote:

> Mike-
>
> What do you mean by "not sure you can hook them up"?  Uncomfortable
> installing 120v devices?  Not sure how to connect them to mh?
>
> Joel
>

> On Wed, 6 Apr 2011, it would appear that storemike wrote:
>
> > thanks, Joel.  They do look like they'd fit the bill, but I'm not sure that I'd be able to hook them up.
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > --- In [hidden email], Joel Davidson <jrd@> wrote:
> >>
> >> I just looked on the Kidde website some more, and you would need both
> >> modules (CO120X and SM120X) to have mh detect either a smoke or co
> >> event.
> >>
> >> Joel

Re: carbon monoxide detector

Joel Davidson
The modules provide a contact closure in an alarm state, so something
like a Weeder DIO module could be used.

For a CO ppm, you might be better off with one of the plug-in CO
monitors that has a ppm display.  You'd have to hack it a bit to
get the ppm value from the display driver, but that's probably
fairly straightforward.