blinking red leds on switchlink

jamby
Hi   I replaced my last x10 switch to my porch light and now I see its blinking a red light up the row of leds whenever its operated at the switch.  Doesn't occur when using misterhouse.  Looking on the net and reading the manual its either a warning light about detecting signals or some error caused by being lost from a scene.  I've never set up any scenes or at least I am not aware of any.
 Another odd thing is when the switch was first installed I don't remember seeing any red lights.  But after a resent power surge/outage this may have started.  Also the web interface use to require a reload to update the current state of the insteon switches but after this last switch was replace it started updating automatically when the switch was used.  But now its back as before?
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Jim