anyone using this for 1-wire I/O?

peter-469
Is anyone using this board [
http://www.hobby-boards.com/store/products.php?product=8-Channel-I{47}O-%288-Relay-Version%29
] with MH?

I will be using it for discrete I/O. I can't see any reason that it would be a
problem to use but would appreciate any insights others that are using it may have.

I am also interested in what capes or other I/O boards (arduino) that are in use
with MH with the Beagle Bone Black. I am looking for inexpensive (of course) but
well made parts that have more than one or two bits of I/O. I am aware of this [
http://www.impressx.com/en-gb/products/beagleio.aspx ] board which is out of
production and being replace by one with rs232 serial instead of CAN. It is good
and close but not quite the baseboard I think I can build on.

I would like several 1-wire ports, expandable discrete I/O and would like all
connections to have positive retention characteristics (unlike USB). I have no
objection to USB otherwise. I need a handful of discrete ins and outs to start.
Scanning the ins needs to be fast and reliable (no missed transitions). Something
like 20 to 100 ms is probably adequate. The outs do not need to be relays (I
prefer just a driver) but need to be able to drive a 24V relay coil directly. 500
ma per coil would provide a good margin. Some less is tolerable.

Your comments will be appreciated.

Peter

Re: anyone using this for 1-wire I/O?

peter-469

Thanks Jim that's very encouraging. Having the library will make things soooo much easier!

Peter

On Dec 24, 2014 8:33 PM, "Jim Duda" <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 12/24/2014 02:15 PM, peter wrote:
> Is anyone using this board [
> ] with MH?

Yes, I use this.  There is a library already to support it too.

Example:
$test_relay_pio = new Owfs_DS2408_pio ( "29.536c04000000", "Test PIO", 7 );

See lib/Owfs_Item.pl for more details.

I have some changes which I need to push to the git trunk.
But, what's in there now should work for the most part.

Regards,

Jim