anyone using mh/bin/get_weather / lib/site/Geo/WeatherNOAA.pm?

anyone using mh/bin/get_weather / lib/site/Geo/WeatherNOAA.pm?

Marc MERLIN-7
Administrator
Sadly, it broke after NOAA changed their web site:
https://github.com/hollie/misterhouse/issues/631

Fixing it seems non trivial.

I rely on a forecast that gives 3 to 4 highest temperatures in the next
24H (not just 1).
Is there another way of getting that?

Thanks,
Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/                         | PGP 1024R/763BE901

Re: anyone using mh/bin/get_weather / lib/site/Geo/WeatherNOAA.pm?

Wayne Gatlin

I have a pull request in (#629) with the fixes for this. It does not look to be merged with the master yet though. I've been using it for a while now and its working as normal.

Note - the NOAA no longer uses "State", but is instead using regional three digit zone codes.
        You can get those codes here: http://forecast.weather.gov/product_sites.php?site=CRH&product=ZFP
        You must include that zone value in your mh.private.ini file.
        Example: zone=RAH for Raleigh-Durham

_Wayne

On Oct 18, 2016 10:42 AM, "Marc MERLIN" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sadly, it broke after NOAA changed their web site:
https://github.com/hollie/misterhouse/issues/631

Fixing it seems non trivial.

I rely on a forecast that gives 3 to 4 highest temperatures in the next
24H (not just 1).
Is there another way of getting that?

Thanks,
Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/                         | PGP 1024R/763BE901

Re: anyone using mh/bin/get_weather / lib/site/Geo/WeatherNOAA.pm?

Eloy Paris
Hi Marc,

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 07:58:36AM -0700, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> Sadly, it broke after NOAA changed their web site:
> https://github.com/hollie/misterhouse/issues/631
>
> Fixing it seems non trivial.
>
> I rely on a forecast that gives 3 to 4 highest temperatures in the next
> 24H (not just 1).
> Is there another way of getting that?

I have not been following but I believe there's been some discussion
regarding this problem here on the mailing list and coding activity on
Github. A quick search of recent pull requests returns these two:

1. "New scheduling code, WeatherNOAA fixes, and documentation updates"

https://github.com/hollie/misterhouse/pull/627

2. "Fix getting METAR reports"

https://github.com/hollie/misterhouse/pull/616

This issue affects me as well but it's not critical for me. I hope
things are fixed in master but I personally will wait until the next
official release to get the fix, if it is indeed fixed.

Cheers,

Eloy Paris.-

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 10:48:49PM -0500, Wayne Gatlin wrote:

> I have a pull request in (#629) with the fixes for this. It does not look
> to be merged with the master yet though. I've been using it for a while now
> and its working as normal.
>
> Note - the NOAA no longer uses "State", but is instead using regional three
> digit zone codes.
>         You can get those codes here:
> http://forecast.weather.gov/product_sites.php?site=CRH&product=ZFP
>         You must include that zone value in your mh.private.ini file.
>         Example: zone=RAH for Raleigh-Durham

Thanks for those.
Somehow I missed the pull request, but I just replied to it.

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 12:17:38AM -0400, Eloy Paris wrote:

> Hi Marc,
>
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 07:58:36AM -0700, Marc MERLIN wrote:
>
> > Sadly, it broke after NOAA changed their web site:
> > https://github.com/hollie/misterhouse/issues/631
> >
> > Fixing it seems non trivial.
> >
> > I rely on a forecast that gives 3 to 4 highest temperatures in the next
> > 24H (not just 1).
> > Is there another way of getting that?
>
> I have not been following but I believe there's been some discussion
> regarding this problem here on the mailing list and coding activity on
> Github. A quick search of recent pull requests returns these two:
>
> 1. "New scheduling code, WeatherNOAA fixes, and documentation updates"
>
> https://github.com/hollie/misterhouse/pull/627

I managed to miss this one, but just replied.

> 2. "Fix getting METAR reports"
>
> https://github.com/hollie/misterhouse/pull/616

I saw that one, but it fixes a different part of the code, which I happen
not to be using.