X10 filters, what work?

Greg Moeller
I've got some UPSs on my powerline which are making a mess of my X10
levels. (keeping it at less than a volt on my tester)
I have a couple of the AF100 filter modules and when I plugged it in I
got a voltage increase but after awhile one of them got hot enough to
smell of burning plastic so I unplugged it.
Now, I see on Ebay an auction for smarthome 10 Amp (1626-10) filters for
about $24 each.
What's everyone's opinions of these?  Do they have a habit of trying to
melt themselves?

Are there any better deals for filters out there?

Thanks

Greg

Re: X10 filters, what work?

Neil Cherry
Greg Moeller wrote:

> I've got some UPSs on my powerline which are making a mess of my X10
> levels. (keeping it at less than a volt on my tester)
> I have a couple of the AF100 filter modules and when I plugged it in I
> got a voltage increase but after awhile one of them got hot enough to
> smell of burning plastic so I unplugged it.
> Now, I see on Ebay an auction for smarthome 10 Amp (1626-10) filters for
> about $24 each.
> What's everyone's opinions of these?  Do they have a habit of trying to
> melt themselves?
>
> Are there any better deals for filters out there?

How much are you're UPS's rated for what do you have on them
running? ACT has a pretty good reputation. I have the
1626-10 and I'm not any problem (but no UPS on it) mine runs
cold.

http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site

Re: X10 filters, what work?

Thomas Harding-2
I have 3 of the Smarthome filters (2 10amp and 1 15 amp). No problems at
all. One has a UPS unit plugged into it.