Win32::SerialPort package

Clive Lansink
Hello people.  I am using Active State's Active Perl V 5.6.1.635 for Windows.  I have a project requiring serial port communication, and familiarity with MH led me to consider using Win32::SerialPort.  This is not installed as part of my Perl package, and when I went to install it, PPM said that the package is not intended for my build of Perl.

Now as it happens, I run MH using the executable binary of MH for Windows which runs on the house PC.  But the MH source is on my lap top so I tried the command

perl mh

to see if MH will run from the source using my version of Perl.  It does run, including with serial port communication.

So if the MH source can run with my version of Perl, and presumably it is using its own version of the Win32::SerialPort module that comes with the source, it means that module must work with my version of Perl.  Can anyone advise me please on what I have to do to install that module so I can use it in other projects?

Thank you.

Clive Lansink
Email: [hidden email]
Phone: +64 9 520-4242
Mobile: +64 21 663-999
Fax: +64 21 789-150

Re: Win32::SerialPort package

Todd W

"Clive Lansink" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> So if the MH source can run with my version of Perl, and presumably it is
using its own version of the Win32::SerialPort module that comes with the
source, it means that module must work with my version of Perl.  Can anyone
advise me please on what I have to do to install that module so I can use it
in other projects?

Possibly:

http://www.google.com/search?q=win32-serialport+ppd

???

enjoy,

trwww

Re: Win32::SerialPort package

Bbirthisel
In a message dated 1/29/2006 3:38:30 AM Eastern Standard Time, [hidden email] writes:

So if the MH source can run with my version of Perl, and presumably it is using its own version of the Win32::SerialPort module that comes with the source, it means that module must work with my version of Perl.  Can anyone advise me please on what I have to do to install that module so I can use it in other projects?

Win32::SerialPort is pure perl. You can get it from CPAN and install using the included install instructions.

You will need to install Win32::API if that is not already installed on your perl build. Usually PPM installs that without problems.

-bill