WeatherNOAA.pm

ricks03
I submitted a few fixed for WeatherNOAA.pm back in Aug. 2016 because
the NOAA had changed their site format (in Nov. sometime it looks like)

Well, they've done it again. At least their web team is fairly
responsive. This time they changed the URLs but looks like the page
content really didn't change, so the fixes were trivial. the issue
was discussed ion GitHub as #631. but when I looked at the code under
/lib/Geo it looks like WeatherNOAA.pm was never updated. Unfamiliar
with GitHub, or MH style formatting, I've attached the fix here and
on the GitHub site in issue #662.

Rick

WeatherNOAA.pm (31K) Download Attachment

Re: WeatherNOAA.pm

Lieven Hollevoet
Administrator
Hello,

WeatherNOAA was updated with the changes you submitted earlier. Please see

Regarding the integration of the new changes of the file you attached to this mail, this still needs to be integrated.

Best regards,
 Lieven.
Op 11-jan.-2017, om 18:44 heeft [hidden email] het volgende geschreven:

I submitted a few fixed for WeatherNOAA.pm back in Aug. 2016 because the NOAA had changed their site format (in Nov. sometime it looks like)

Well, they've done it again. At least their web team is fairly responsive. This time they changed the URLs but looks like the page content really didn't change, so the fixes were trivial. the issue was discussed ion GitHub as #631. but when I looked at the code under /lib/Geo it looks like WeatherNOAA.pm was never updated. Unfamiliar with GitHub, or MH style formatting, I've attached the fix here and on the GitHub site in issue #662.

Rick<WeatherNOAA.pm>------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Training and support from Colfax.
Order your platform today. http://sdm.link/xeonphi________________________________________________________

Re: WeatherNOAA.pm

Wayne Gatlin
Rick,

Do you have the latest WeatherNOAA.pm? I had updated it before it was submitted and I decided to use the NOAA search function instead of having to manually enter the zone info. Any way, it is still functioning for me with no issues.

_Wayne

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 12:14 PM, Lieven Hollevoet <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Eloy Paris
Same here -- working with no issues for me. I am running the last code
from master. I was wondering what change was missing, or if the code had
not been adjusted to account for a NOAA website change, but it looks
like master does not need any changes.

Thanks Wayne for getting this to work again.

Cheers,

Eloy Paris.-

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 06:39:06PM -0600, Wayne Gatlin wrote:

> Rick,
>
> Do you have the latest WeatherNOAA.pm? I had updated it before it was
> submitted and I decided to use the NOAA search function instead of having
> to manually enter the zone info. Any way, it is still functioning for me
> with no issues.
>

> _Wayne
>
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 12:14 PM, Lieven Hollevoet <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > WeatherNOAA was updated with the changes you submitted earlier. Please see
> >
> > https://github.com/hollie/misterhouse/issues/662#issuecomment-271926721
> >
> > Regarding the integration of the new changes of the file you attached to
> > this mail, this still needs to be integrated.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >  Lieven.
> >
> > Op 11-jan.-2017, om 18:44 heeft [hidden email] het volgende
> > geschreven:
> >
> > I submitted a few fixed for WeatherNOAA.pm back in Aug. 2016 because the
> > NOAA had changed their site format (in Nov. sometime it looks like)
> >
> > Well, they've done it again. At least their web team is fairly responsive.
> > This time they changed the URLs but looks like the page content really
> > didn't change, so the fixes were trivial. the issue was discussed ion
> > GitHub as #631. but when I looked at the code under /lib/Geo it looks like
> > WeatherNOAA.pm was never updated. Unfamiliar with GitHub, or MH style
> > formatting, I've attached the fix here and on the GitHub site in issue #662.
> >
> > Rick

Re: WeatherNOAA.pm

ricks03

I suspect not (I'm changed the one I provided
last time). Mine's working fine, and the only
changes in this one were updating the URLs. Everything else worked as it.

According to my local office, they're shutting
down that service for that (old) URL. Mine looked
like it was still working until I rebooted. . .

Rick

At 07:39 PM 1/11/2017, Wayne Gatlin wrote:

>Rick,
>
>Do you have the latest WeatherNOAA.pm? I had
>updated it before it was submitted and I decided
>to use the NOAA search function instead of
>having to manually enter the zone info. Any way,
>it is still functioning for me with no issues.
>

>_Wayne
>
>On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 12:14 PM, Lieven
>Hollevoet <<mailto:[hidden email]>[hidden email]> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>WeatherNOAA was updated with the changes you submitted earlier. Please see
>
><https://github.com/hollie/misterhouse/issues/662#issuecomment-271926721>https://github.com/hollie/misterhouse/issues/662#issuecomment-271926721
>
>Regarding the integration of the new changes of
>the file you attached to this mail, this still needs to be integrated.
>
>Best regards,
>Â Lieven.
>>Op 11-jan.-2017, om 18:44 heeft
>><mailto:[hidden email]>[hidden email] het volgende geschreven:
>>
>>I submitted a few fixed for WeatherNOAA.pm back
>>in Aug. 2016 because the NOAA had changed their
>>site format (in Nov. sometime it looks like)
>>
>>Well, they've done it again. At least their web
>>team is fairly responsive. This time they
>>changed the URLs but looks like the page
>>content really didn't change, so the fixes were
>>trivial. the issue was discussed ion GitHub as
>>#631. but when I looked at the code under
>>/lib/Geo it looks like WeatherNOAA.pm was never
>>updated. Unfamiliar with GitHub, or MH style
>>formatting, I've attached the fix here and on the GitHub site in issue #662.
>>
>>Rick<WeatherNOAA.pm>------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
>>Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
>>With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
>>Training and support from Colfax.
>>Order your platform today.
>><http://sdm.link/xeonphi________________________________________________________>http://sdm.link/xeonphi________________________________________________________
>>To unsubscribe from this list, go to:

Re: WeatherNOAA.pm

Timothy Spaulding
Hi,

I recently updated mine with the latest master; however, I cannot get all of WeatherNOAA to work.  I can get the forecast, but not the conditions.

The URL used to get the condition is:
http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=gsp&issuedby=gsp&product=RWR&format=txt&version=1&glossary=0

It is returning "none issued ..."  and the date at the bottom last updated on November 2016.

Any idea on how I can correct this?
I suspect not (I'm changed the one I provided last time). Mine's working fine, and the only changes in this one were updating the URLs. Everything else worked as it.

According to my local office, they're shutting down that service for that (old) URL. Mine looked like it was still working until I rebooted. . .

Rick

At 07:39 PM 1/11/2017, Wayne Gatlin wrote:

>Rick,
>
>Do you have the latest WeatherNOAA.pm? I had updated it before it was
>submitted and I decided to use the NOAA search function instead of
>having to manually enter the zone info. Any way, it is still
>functioning for me with no issues.
>

>_Wayne
>
>On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 12:14 PM, Lieven
>Hollevoet <<mailto:[hidden email]>[hidden email]> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>WeatherNOAA was updated with the changes you submitted earlier. Please see
>
><https://github.com/hollie/misterhouse/issues/662#issuecomment-271926721>https://github.com/hollie/misterhouse/issues/662#issuecomment-271926721
>
>Regarding the integration of the new changes of
>the file you attached to this mail, this still needs to be integrated.
>
>Best regards,
>Â Lieven.
>>Op 11-jan.-2017, om 18:44 heeft
>><mailto:[hidden email]>[hidden email] het volgende geschreven:
>>
>>I submitted a few fixed for WeatherNOAA.pm back
>>in Aug. 2016 because the NOAA had changed their
>>site format (in Nov. sometime it looks like)
>>
>>Well, they've done it again. At least their web
>>team is fairly responsive. This time they
>>changed the URLs but looks like the page
>>content really didn't change, so the fixes were
>>trivial. the issue was discussed ion GitHub as
>>#631. but when I looked at the code under
>>/lib/Geo it looks like WeatherNOAA.pm was never
>>updated. Unfamiliar with GitHub, or MH style
>>formatting, I've attached the fix here and on the GitHub site in issue #662.
>>
>>Rick<WeatherNOAA.pm>------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
>>Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
>>With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
>>Training and support from Colfax.
>>Order your platform today.
>><http://sdm.link/xeonphi________________________________________________________>http://sdm.link/xeonphi________________________________________________________
>>To unsubscribe from this list, go to:

Re: WeatherNOAA.pm

ricks03

I can tell you mine still retrieves the Internet
Weather and the Internet forecast. I last updated it in January.

I've talked a few times with the local NOAA web
team. Each time it seems like they've changed their structure.
Rick

At 08:56 PM 2/18/2017, Timothy Spaulding wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I recently updated mine with the latest master;
>however, I cannot get all of WeatherNOAA to
>work.  I can get the forecast, but not the conditions.
>
>The URL used to get the condition is:
>http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=gsp&issuedby=gsp&product=RWR&format=txt&version=1&glossary=0
>
>It is returning "none issued ..."  and the date
>at the bottom last updated on November 2016.
>
>Any idea on how I can correct this?

Looking at the RWR list below, I don't see SC or GSP listed. So either they are listed by something else, in that case we would need to figure out a way to determine that or they are actually not issuing it.

http://forecast.weather.gov/product_sites.php?site=GSP&product=RWR

_Wayne

On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 10:40 PM, Rick Steeves <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

>>I submitted a few fixed for WeatherNOAA.pm back
>>in Aug. 2016 because the NOAA had changed their
>>site format (in Nov. sometime it looks like)
>>
>>Well, they've done it again. At least their web
>>team is fairly responsive. This time they
>>changed the URLs but looks like the page
>>content really didn't change, so the fixes were
>>trivial. the issue was discussed ion GitHub as
>>#631. but when I looked at the code under
>>/lib/Geo it looks like WeatherNOAA.pm was never
>>updated. Unfamiliar with GitHub, or MH style
>>formatting, I've attached the fix here and on the GitHub site in issue #662.
>>
>>Rick<WeatherNOAA.pm>-------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------
>>Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
>>Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
>>With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.

I think I found my city conditions:

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=gsp&issuedby=rah&product=RWR&format=txt&version=1&glossary=0

In this specific context, the site (or zone) doesn’t matter.  My zone for forecast is GSP.  But if I put GSP or RAH as the site, I get the same value.  In short, the issuedby is different for my forecast and conditions.

For product=ZFP, I have to use issuedby=GSP

For product=RWR, I have to use issuedby=rah

As long as site= a valid zone, that doesn’t seem to matter either.

I suspect not (I'm changed the one I provided last time). Mine's working fine, and the only changes in this one were updating the URLs. Everything else worked as it.

According to my local office, they're shutting down that service for that (old) URL. Mine looked like it was still working until I rebooted. . .

Rick

At 07:39 PM 1/11/2017, Wayne Gatlin wrote:
>Rick,
>
>Do you have the latest WeatherNOAA.pm? I had updated it before it was
>submitted and I decided to use the NOAA search function instead of
>having to manually enter the zone info. Any way, it is still
>functioning for me with no issues.
>

>_Wayne
>
>On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 12:14 PM, Lieven
>Hollevoet <<mailto:[hidden email]>[hidden email]> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>WeatherNOAA was updated with the changes you submitted earlier. Please see
>
><https://github.com/hollie/misterhouse/issues/6 62#issuecomment-271926721>https://github.com/hollie/misterhouse/issues/662#issuecomment-271926721
>
>Regarding the integration of the new changes of
>the file you attached to this mail, this still needs to be integrated.
>
>Best regards,
>Â Lieven.
>>Op 11-jan.-2017, om 18:44 heeft
>><mailto:[hidden email]>misterhouse@cor wyn.net het volgende geschreven:
>>
>>I submitted a few fixed for WeatherNOAA.pm back
>>in Aug. 2016 because the NOAA had changed their
>>site format (in Nov. sometime it looks like)
>>
>>Well, they've done it again. At least their web
>>team is fairly responsive. This time they
>>changed the URLs but looks like the page
>>content really didn't change, so the fixes were
>>trivial. the issue was discussed ion GitHub as
>>#631. but when I looked at the code under
>>/lib/Geo it looks like WeatherNOAA.pm was never
>>updated. Unfamiliar with GitHub, or MH style
>>formatting, I've attached the fix here and on the GitHub site in issue #662.
>>
>>Rick<WeatherNOAA.pm>-------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------
>>Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
>>Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
>>With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
>>Training and support from Colfax.
>>Order your platform today.
>><http://sdm.link/xeonphi______________________ __________________________________>http://sdm.link/xeonphi________________________________________________________
>>To unsubscribe from this list, go to:

Re: WeatherNOAA.pm

Wayne Gatlin
When I go to "http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=gsp&issuedby=rah&product=RWR&format=txt&version=1&glossary=0" all I see is the data for North Carolina. We are looking for South Carolina correct?

NORTH CAROLINA WEATHER ROUNDUP
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RALEIGH NC

_Wayne

On Sun, Feb 19, 2017 at 8:10 AM, Timothy Spaulding <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

>>I submitted a few fixed for WeatherNOAA.pm back
>>in Aug. 2016 because the NOAA had changed their
>>site format (in Nov. sometime it looks like)
>>
>>Well, they've done it again. At least their web
>>team is fairly responsive. This time they
>>changed the URLs but looks like the page
>>content really didn't change, so the fixes were
>>trivial. the issue was discussed ion GitHub as
>>#631. but when I looked at the code under
>>/lib/Geo it looks like WeatherNOAA.pm was never
>>updated. Unfamiliar with GitHub, or MH style
>>formatting, I've attached the fix here and on the GitHub site in issue #662.
>>
>>Rick<WeatherNOAA.pm>-------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------
>>Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
>>Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
>>With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.

I am looking for Charlotte NC.

I suspect not (I'm changed the one I provided last time). Mine's working fine, and the only changes in this one were updating the URLs. Everything else worked as it.

According to my local office, they're shutting down that service for that (old) URL. Mine looked like it was still working until I rebooted. . .

Rick

At 07:39 PM 1/11/2017, Wayne Gatlin wrote:
>Rick,
>
>Do you have the latest WeatherNOAA.pm? I had updated it before it was
>submitted and I decided to use the NOAA search function instead of
>having to manually enter the zone info. Any way, it is still
>functioning for me with no issues.
>

>_Wayne
>
>On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 12:14 PM, Lieven
>Hollevoet <<mailto:[hidden email]>[hidden email]> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>WeatherNOAA was updated with the changes you submitted earlier. Please see
>
><https://github.com/hollie/misterhouse/issues/6 62#issuecomment-271926721>https://github.com/hollie/misterhouse/issues/662#issuecomment-271926721
>
>Regarding the integration of the new changes of
>the file you attached to this mail, this still needs to be integrated.
>
>Best regards,
>Â Lieven.
>>Op 11-jan.-2017, om 18:44 heeft
>><mailto:[hidden email]>misterhouse@cor wyn.net het volgende geschreven:
>>
>>I submitted a few fixed for WeatherNOAA.pm back
>>in Aug. 2016 because the NOAA had changed their
>>site format (in Nov. sometime it looks like)
>>
>>Well, they've done it again. At least their web
>>team is fairly responsive. This time they
>>changed the URLs but looks like the page
>>content really didn't change, so the fixes were
>>trivial. the issue was discussed ion GitHub as
>>#631. but when I looked at the code under
>>/lib/Geo it looks like WeatherNOAA.pm was never
>>updated. Unfamiliar with GitHub, or MH style
>>formatting, I've attached the fix here and on the GitHub site in issue #662.
>>
>>Rick<WeatherNOAA.pm>-------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------
>>Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
>>Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
>>With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
>>Training and support from Colfax.
>>Order your platform today.
>><http://sdm.link/xeonphi______________________ __________________________________>http://sdm.link/xeonphi________________________________________________________
>>To unsubscribe from this list, go to:

Re: WeatherNOAA.pm

Wayne Gatlin
OK, they have to make this hard.. I don't see a way to automatically get it because the site the search says GSP is your site and it does not issue the RWR. I've seen where they don't issue it, but they have one listed by the state and I was able to allow for that in the code. I don't really see much of a way around this. I thought about making a static mapping, but I have a feeling that its going to change and its too hard to keep up with.

I can add a override for the RWR site in the mh.private.ini so it can be manually defined in these cases.

_Wayne

On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 2:22 PM, Timothy Spaulding <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am looking for Charlotte NC.

I suspect not (I'm changed the one I provided last time). Mine's working fine, and the only changes in this one were updating the URLs. Everything else worked as it.

According to my local office, they're shutting down that service for that (old) URL. Mine looked like it was still working until I rebooted. . .

Rick

At 07:39 PM 1/11/2017, Wayne Gatlin wrote:
>Rick,
>
>Do you have the latest WeatherNOAA.pm? I had updated it before it was
>submitted and I decided to use the NOAA search function instead of
>having to manually enter the zone info. Any way, it is still
>functioning for me with no issues.
>

>_Wayne
>
>On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 12:14 PM, Lieven
>Hollevoet <<mailto:[hidden email]>[hidden email]> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>WeatherNOAA was updated with the changes you submitted earlier. Please see
>
><https://github.com/hollie/misterhouse/issues/6 62#issuecomment-271926721>https://github.com/hollie/misterhouse/issues/662#issuecomment-271926721
>
>Regarding the integration of the new changes of
>the file you attached to this mail, this still needs to be integrated.
>
>Best regards,
>Â Lieven.
>>Op 11-jan.-2017, om 18:44 heeft
>><mailto:[hidden email]>misterhouse@cor wyn.net het volgende geschreven:
>>
>>I submitted a few fixed for WeatherNOAA.pm back
>>in Aug. 2016 because the NOAA had changed their
>>site format (in Nov. sometime it looks like)
>>
>>Well, they've done it again. At least their web
>>team is fairly responsive. This time they
>>changed the URLs but looks like the page
>>content really didn't change, so the fixes were
>>trivial. the issue was discussed ion GitHub as
>>#631. but when I looked at the code under
>>/lib/Geo it looks like WeatherNOAA.pm was never
>>updated. Unfamiliar with GitHub, or MH style
>>formatting, I've attached the fix here and on the GitHub site in issue #662.
>>
>>Rick<WeatherNOAA.pm>-------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------
>>Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
>>Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
>>With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
>>Training and support from Colfax.
>>Order your platform today.
>><http://sdm.link/xeonphi______________________ __________________________________>http://sdm.link/xeonphi________________________________________________________
>>To unsubscribe from this list, go to:

Re: WeatherNOAA.pm

Timothy Spaulding

Some sort of override is what I was thinking would be the best option.

I suspect not (I'm changed the one I provided last time). Mine's working fine, and the only changes in this one were updating the URLs. Everything else worked as it.

According to my local office, they're shutting down that service for that (old) URL. Mine looked like it was still working until I rebooted. . .

Rick

At 07:39 PM 1/11/2017, Wayne Gatlin wrote:
>Rick,
>
>Do you have the latest WeatherNOAA.pm? I had updated it before it was
>submitted and I decided to use the NOAA search function instead of
>having to manually enter the zone info. Any way, it is still
>functioning for me with no issues.
>

>_Wayne
>
>On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 12:14 PM, Lieven
>Hollevoet <<mailto:[hidden email]>[hidden email]> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>WeatherNOAA was updated with the changes you submitted earlier. Please see
>
><https://github.com/hollie/misterhouse/issues/6 62#issuecomment-271926721>https://github.com/hollie/misterhouse/issues/662#issuecomment-271926721
>
>Regarding the integration of the new changes of
>the file you attached to this mail, this still needs to be integrated.
>
>Best regards,
>Â Lieven.
>>Op 11-jan.-2017, om 18:44 heeft
>><mailto:[hidden email]>misterhouse@cor wyn.net het volgende geschreven:
>>
>>I submitted a few fixed for WeatherNOAA.pm back
>>in Aug. 2016 because the NOAA had changed their
>>site format (in Nov. sometime it looks like)
>>
>>Well, they've done it again. At least their web
>>team is fairly responsive. This time they
>>changed the URLs but looks like the page
>>content really didn't change, so the fixes were
>>trivial. the issue was discussed ion GitHub as
>>#631. but when I looked at the code under
>>/lib/Geo it looks like WeatherNOAA.pm was never
>>updated. Unfamiliar with GitHub, or MH style
>>formatting, I've attached the fix here and on the GitHub site in issue #662.
>>
>>Rick<WeatherNOAA.pm>-------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------
>>Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
>>Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
>>With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
>>Training and support from Colfax.
>>Order your platform today.
>>To unsubscribe from this list, go to:

Re: WeatherNOAA.pm

Wayne Gatlin
Check out pull 671, you can manually define it with the nws_rwr_zone option in the mh.private.ini.

https://github.com/hollie/misterhouse/pull/671

_Wayne