Quantcast

Upgrade from Wheezy to Jessie on Raspberry Pi

Upgrade from Wheezy to Jessie on Raspberry Pi

Giles Godart-Brown
If you are going to upgrade from Wheezy to Jessie on a Pi, it will
install a new version of perl.  This is missing a couple of the modules
needed, so after the upgrade you will need to ;

sudo cpan install Capture:Tiny
and
sudo cpan install File:Which

Also if you are booting from a USB disk or NFS you need to add RW to
your cmdline.txt just before rootwait to make sure it does not mount the
root filesystem as read only

Hope this help
Giles

Re: Upgrade from Wheezy to Jessie on Raspberry Pi

H Plato
Did you download stable 4.1? Those libs should be part of the package.

Sent from my mobile device.

> On Mar 1, 2016, at 8:27 AM, Giles Godart-Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> If you are going to upgrade from Wheezy to Jessie on a Pi, it will
> install a new version of perl.  This is missing a couple of the modules
> needed, so after the upgrade you will need to ;
>
> sudo cpan install Capture:Tiny
> and
> sudo cpan install File:Which
>
> Also if you are booting from a USB disk or NFS you need to add RW to
> your cmdline.txt just before rootwait to make sure it does not mount the
> root filesystem as read only
>
> Hope this help
> Giles

Re: Upgrade from Wheezy to Jessie on Raspberry Pi

Giles Godart-Brown
I did the 4.1 upgrade from 4.0 after the OS upgrade. so that could
explain it.

Now I'm struggling as my X10 proxy wont start after the upgrade to 4.1.

I'll start another thread re the 4.0 to 4.1 upgrade

Giles

On 01/03/2016 15:54, H Plato wrote:

> Did you download stable 4.1? Those libs should be part of the package.
>
> Sent from my mobile device.
>
>> On Mar 1, 2016, at 8:27 AM, Giles Godart-Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> If you are going to upgrade from Wheezy to Jessie on a Pi, it will
>> install a new version of perl.  This is missing a couple of the modules
>> needed, so after the upgrade you will need to ;
>>
>> sudo cpan install Capture:Tiny
>> and
>> sudo cpan install File:Which
>>
>> Also if you are booting from a USB disk or NFS you need to add RW to
>> your cmdline.txt just before rootwait to make sure it does not mount the
>> root filesystem as read only
>>
>> Hope this help
>> Giles

Re: Upgrade from Wheezy to Jessie on Raspberry Pi

Robert James Clay
On Tuesday, March 01, 2016 10:27:00 AM Giles Godart-Brown wrote:
> If you are going to upgrade from Wheezy to Jessie on a Pi, it will
> install a new version of perl.  This is missing a couple of the modules
> needed,

  What are they used for?  Couldn't find a reference to them in the 'mh'
script...

>  so after the upgrade you will need to ;
>
> sudo cpan install Capture:Tiny
> and
> sudo cpan install File:Which

  Or, one could try using the debian packages libcapture-tiny-perl and libfile-
which-perl instead of getting them directly from cpan...

RJ Clay