Skybell, Ring or other Wifi doorbell

David Worenklein (@work)
Has anyone integrated a wifi doorbell into MH?  I see lots of code and posts about a weeder IO board/traditional doorbell, but nothing about the new-fangled doorbells that are gaining in popularity

TIA,
David

Re: Skybell, Ring or other Wifi doorbell

Jeff Siddall
On 02/15/2017 05:35 PM, David Worenklein (@work) wrote:
> Has anyone integrated a wifi doorbell into MH?  I see lots of code and
> posts about a weeder IO board/traditional doorbell, but nothing about
> the new-fangled doorbells that are gaining in popularity

David,

I have no idea about the doorbells you mentioned but many "new-fangled"
things have web interfaces.  If they use standard HTML you may be able
to send a get/post to do what you want.  Here's an example of how to
control a TCP Connected light from MH.  The code below is in a script
that is called via a tie_event in a MH generic item:

echo -n "cmd=DeviceSendCommand&data=$1orwhatever&fmt=xml" | POST -P
"http://1.2.3.4/gwr/gop.php"

Jeff

Re: Skybell, Ring or other Wifi doorbell

Brian Rudy
I can't speak for the Skybell or others, but the Ring supports IFTTT
which can be used to interact with MH via the IFTTT 'Maker' applet by
sending HTTP POSTs or GETs to MH. Your MH instance will need to be
remotely accessible (by means of an HTTP/HTTPS proxy) for this to work.
The Maker applet supports basic authentication by including the
credentials in the URL (https://user:password@.../...)

On 2/16/17 13:03, Jeff Siddall wrote:

> On 02/15/2017 05:35 PM, David Worenklein (@work) wrote:
>> Has anyone integrated a wifi doorbell into MH?  I see lots of code and
>> posts about a weeder IO board/traditional doorbell, but nothing about
>> the new-fangled doorbells that are gaining in popularity
> David,
>
> I have no idea about the doorbells you mentioned but many "new-fangled"
> things have web interfaces.  If they use standard HTML you may be able
> to send a get/post to do what you want.  Here's an example of how to
> control a TCP Connected light from MH.  The code below is in a script
> that is called via a tie_event in a MH generic item:
>
> echo -n "cmd=DeviceSendCommand&data=$1orwhatever&fmt=xml" | POST -P
> "http://1.2.3.4/gwr/gop.php"
>
> Jeff

Re: Skybell, Ring or other Wifi doorbell

Wayne Gatlin
I wrote a MH module for the DoorBird Doorbell a while back, its in the master and possibly in the latest release. I've had it for a while now and its been rock solid. It's more expensive than the others but you can record directly to an internal server like zoneminder and it has a local (non cloud) api which is what I used for the module.

credentials in the URL (https://user:password@mymhhost.com/...)

On 2/16/17 13:03, Jeff Siddall wrote:
> On 02/15/2017 05:35 PM, David Worenklein (@work) wrote:
>> Has anyone integrated a wifi doorbell into MH?  I see lots of code and
>> posts about a weeder IO board/traditional doorbell, but nothing about
>> the new-fangled doorbells that are gaining in popularity
> David,
>
> I have no idea about the doorbells you mentioned but many "new-fangled"
> things have web interfaces.  If they use standard HTML you may be able
> to send a get/post to do what you want.  Here's an example of how to
> control a TCP Connected light from MH.  The code below is in a script
> that is called via a tie_event in a MH generic item:
>
> echo -n "cmd=DeviceSendCommand&data=$1orwhatever&fmt=xml" | POST -P
> "http://1.2.3.4/gwr/gop.php"
>
> Jeff

Re: Skybell, Ring or other Wifi doorbell

Lieven Hollevoet
Administrator
Hello,

the DoorBird support is indeed in master, and will be in the upcoming new stable release.

+1 that there is indeed a local API to the device. It is as far as I know only one of the few devices that have such way to connect to them in a supported way by the manufacturer.

Best regards,
 Lieven.

Op 18 feb. 2017, om 18:47 heeft Wayne Gatlin <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven: