Script to monitor for security cam?

ricks03

Hi!

I've got an exterior camera that's capturing images (ex:
image01_30_2006_10_00_05.jpg). What I want to do is display them in
the security page. Now, I know how to make a single file display, but
does anyone have a script already written to monitor a directory,
look for new image files, and copy and or rename them so they'll
display in the security page?

thx!

Rick

Rick Steeves
[hidden email]                               http://www.sinister.net

Re: Script to monitor for security cam?

Tim Sailer-2
On Tue, January 31, 2006 15:44, [hidden email] said:

> Hi!
>
> I've got an exterior camera that's capturing images (ex:
> image01_30_2006_10_00_05.jpg). What I want to do is display them in
> the security page. Now, I know how to make a single file display, but
> does anyone have a script already written to monitor a directory,
> look for new image files, and copy and or rename them so they'll
> display in the security page?

What OS?

Tim

Re: Script to monitor for security cam?

ricks03

Windows (2k)

On Tue, January 31, 2006 18:29, [hidden email] said:

> Windows (2k)

OK, this won't help you, unless you can use it as an example. I'm totally
not familiar with windows scripting. I have something similar, a webcam
for my place up in Maine. The camera points out my back window at my
backyard (the river). I copy the last file to the spot in the webtree that
the html is pointing to.

***
users:~/bin> cat updatecurrent
#!/bin/sh
cd /usr/local/webcam&& cp `ls | tail -1 ` \
~/tps/public_html/mill/current.jpg
***

Really, one line.

Tim