Razberry integration

12

Razberry integration

Serge Martel (smartel)

Hello everyone,

I just added a Zwave Razberry to my MH, this thing is wonderful so far! I’d like to thank H Plato, who I think created the original module and all the contributors who helped improve it.

To help newbies like me, I would like to add comments:

In my user code I had to use command :

use raZberry; (instead of use raZberry.pm; despite what the comments say at the top of the file)

I needed to install Cpan module JSON::XP

Then it started to work, I still have to create a package in that module to add a binary switch, but I used the raZberry_dimmer and it worked first shot!

Now a couple of questions: I have enabled the Razberry debug, and the log gets filled with these, I get these every seconds even if polling is set to 5 secs, should I worry about this? Does the polling go back to 5 sec. When debug if OFF?   :

05/14/16 11:03:23  [raZberry] Polling initiated

05/14/16 11:03:23  [raZberry] contacting http://192.168.67.28:8083/ZAutomation/api/v1/devices?since=1463238202

05/14/16 11:03:24  [raZberry] Polling initiated

05/14/16 11:03:24  [raZberry] contacting http://192.168.67.28:8083/ZAutomation/api/v1/devices?since=1463238203

05/14/16 11:03:26  [raZberry] Polling initiated

05/14/16 11:03:26  [raZberry] contacting http://192.168.67.28:8083/ZAutomation/api/v1/devices?since=1463238205

Another question can I add these switches to my lights group so they can be controller via the WEB interface?

Thank you all again!

Serge

Re: Razberry integration

H Plato
Yup, I put that together, and thanks for the feedback!  I'll look into the dependancy, as it would nice if the module 'just worked'

I should also add it to read_table_A to make it easier to add objects.

I'll look into the polling, how do you declare the controller object?

You should see all the razberry objects in ia7 by going to mr house home, browse objects, and the razberry child objects should show.

Just an update, there is a pull request to master that adds in the binary switches, and i've added in support for locks.  Should be able to get that all together in the next week or so.

Sent from my mobile device.

On May 14, 2016, at 9:24 AM, Serge Martel (smartel) <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

This is all I do to declare my controller and switch:

use raZberry;

$razberry_controller  = new raZberry('192.168.67.28',1);

$razberry_comm            = new raZberry_comm($razberry_controller);

$garage_lum      = new raZberry_dimmer($razberry_controller,'2');

I do see my Objects in the IA7 interface, that’s fantastic, thank you!

I forgot to mention, that I had to create an anonymous login in the raZberry interface cause the polling gave me an error at first, because it could not login, would that be a hint for you? Is there a way to add username/password to the module or config file?

Can’t wait to get the new revision, so far I love Zwave!

Serge

Re: Razberry integration

H Plato
Yes, the ,1 in your controller tells it to poll every second — which is what I did put in the instructions, so I’ve fixed that. I just leave the default (poll every 5 seconds) and it seems to work ok.

What version of Z_way are you running? I run v2.0.0 and haven’t upgraded due to the authentication change. How did you set anonymous login? I’ll add it to the instructions.

Also, something else I found about the Razberry, if you search the forums for the ‘niffler’ plug in, you can add it into Z_way so that local notifcations work (ie. if you turn off a switch, the state will update in razberry and in MH.  I can probably find my notes somewhere.

The locks work well in MH. I get battery status, and can add/remove users from usercode.

I also have basic thermostat code working. I have a stelpro baseboard thermostat, so it isn’t very feature rich, however I can control the setpoint and receive the temperature.

On May 14, 2016, at 1:17 PM, Serge Martel (smartel) <[hidden email]> wrote:

This is all I do to declare my controller and switch:

use raZberry;

$razberry_controller  = new raZberry('192.168.67.28',1);
$razberry_comm            = new raZberry_comm($razberry_controller);
$garage_lum      = new raZberry_dimmer($razberry_controller,'2');

I do see my Objects in the IA7 interface, that’s fantastic, thank you!

I forgot to mention, that I had to create an anonymous login in the raZberry interface cause the polling gave me an error at first, because it could not login, would that be a hint for you? Is there a way to add username/password to the module or config file?

Can’t wait to get the new revision, so far I love Zwave!

Serge

Re: Razberry integration

Serge Martel (smartel)

Ha see I thought this was the address ! Back to 5 works like a charm

To create the anonymous login here is what I do:

Create a room named devices, and assign all ZWay devices to that room

Create a user named anonymous with role anonymous

Edit user anonymous and allow access to room devices

I’ll add the niffler plugin when I get a minute, good news for that

Thermostat is also interesting, I only have baseboards so it’s fine with me J I have all summer to add that feature!

Great job and thanks again!

Re: Razberry integration

H Plato
Aartech sells the stelpro baseboard zwave device. That's what i got and seems to work fine.

Sent from my mobile device.

On May 14, 2016, at 2:21 PM, Serge Martel (smartel) <[hidden email]> wrote:

Ha see I thought this was the address ! Back to 5 works like a charm

To create the anonymous login here is what I do:

Create a room named devices, and assign all ZWay devices to that room

Create a user named anonymous with role anonymous

Edit user anonymous and allow access to room devices

I’ll add the niffler plugin when I get a minute, good news for that

Thermostat is also interesting, I only have baseboards so it’s fine with me J I have all summer to add that feature!

Great job and thanks again!

Re: Razberry integration

Serge Martel (smartel)

Cool !

I am out of town atm, but I will try it tomorrow for sure!

I defined the communication variable to monitor it, and I am getting momentary comms lost-restore within the same second or so. When can I change the delay before it declares it? Or do I have to manage it in my code? I see nothing in the razberry logs that can help me point to a problem or delay.

Thanks again for the great work, I’ll keep you posted.

Serge

Re: Razberry integration

H Plato
Do you see any of these messages in the mh log?

[raZberry] Warning, failed to get data. Response code $responseCode

What does the responseCode show?

The comm object gets set to offline if the last request returns a response code > than 400.

However, this only happens at poll time, or if a razberry item’s state is changed. Set the debug=1 and see what it outputs.

On May 22, 2016, at 4:29 PM, Serge Martel (smartel) <[hidden email]> wrote:

Cool !

I am out of town atm, but I will try it tomorrow for sure!

I defined the communication variable to monitor it, and I am getting momentary comms lost-restore within the same second or so. When can I change the delay before it declares it? Or do I have to manage it in my code? I see nothing in the razberry logs that can help me point to a problem or delay.

Thanks again for the great work, I’ll keep you posted.

Serge

Re: Razberry integration

Serge Martel (smartel)

I am using the version 1.4 and so far so good, no issues other than defining my devices in my mht file,

can you post me your .mht file I have a hard time getting my devices defined, here is what I do:

RAZBERRY_CONTROLLER,            razberry_controller,     192.168.67.28,   RC,5

RAZBERRY_DIMMER,                      2,                                          garage_lum,       ALL_Lights|RC,          razberry_controller,

Also, this is what I get in my log file for the comms lost/restore:

[raZberry] Warning, failed to get data. Response code 500

[raZberry] Problem retrieving data from 192.168.67.28

On the next polling, it is back online.

Can I define my communication monitoring variable the way I used to?

What am I doing wrong in my mht file?

Thank you

Serge

Re: Razberry integration

H Plato
Here’s what I use:

RAZBERRY_CONTROLLER, 10.0.1.1, razberry_controller, zwave
RAZBERRY_COMM, razberry_comm, razberry_controller
RAZBERRY_BLIND, 4,  main_blinds,  HVAC|zwave,  razberry_controller
RAZBERRY_DIMMER, 2, room_fan, HVAC|zwave,  razberry_controller
RAZBERRY_LOCK, 7, lock1, zwave,  razberry_controller
RAZBERRY_THERMOSTAT, 8, heater1, HVAC|zwave, razberry_controller
RAZBERRY_TEMP_SENSOR, 8, stat_temp, HVAC|zwave, razberry_controller

It looks like you have an extra comma after razberry_controller

The error 500 is coming back from the raZberry. The only thing I can think of is to try adjusting the polling interval to 10 seconds so see if the errors persist.

On May 23, 2016, at 6:16 AM, Serge Martel (smartel) <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am using the version 1.4 and so far so good, no issues other than defining my devices in my mht file,
can you post me your .mht file I have a hard time getting my devices defined, here is what I do:

RAZBERRY_CONTROLLER,            razberry_controller,     192.168.67.28,   RC,5
RAZBERRY_DIMMER,                      2,                                          garage_lum,       ALL_Lights|RC,          razberry_controller,

Also, this is what I get in my log file for the comms lost/restore:

[raZberry] Warning, failed to get data. Response code 500
[raZberry] Problem retrieving data from 192.168.67.28
On the next polling, it is back online.

Can I define my communication monitoring variable the way I used to?
What am I doing wrong in my mht file?

Thank you
Serge

Re: Razberry integration

Tobias Sachs
I made some small changes, you might want to merge (see https://github.com/tobser/misterhouse/tree/razberry-binary-sensor-merge-fix ).
But at least 0f9bb1e0d5232aab164ed365ad272a486c1aace2 is required to make
the binary sensor work.

Also i thought you would want to remove the the
razberry_open_close/window/door items... I already changed all my
usercode/mht files to use the Door_Items with razberry_binary_sensor,
so I'm fine with removing those. If you still plan to remove them, I
think we should delete them before more people start to use them.

Tobi

H Plato <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I uploaded a new razberry to my razberry github branch. I incorporated Tobi’s binary_sensor code, removed the JSON::XS dependancy, and added razberry definitions to the read_table_A.pl file, meaning you can declare them in your items.mht file. (which also removes the requirement for anyone to add a ‘use raZberry;’ line to their code)
>
> I’ve been running it all day without issue, if you want to try it out be good to get some testing before sending in a pull request to upload it to master.
>
> > On May 14, 2016, at 1:17 PM, Serge Martel (smartel) <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > This is all I do to declare my controller and switch:
> >
> > use raZberry;
> >
> > $razberry_controller  = new raZberry('192.168.67.28',1);
> > $razberry_comm            = new raZberry_comm($razberry_controller);
> > $garage_lum      = new raZberry_dimmer($razberry_controller,'2');
> >

> > I do see my Objects in the IA7 interface, that’s fantastic, thank you!
> >
> > I forgot to mention, that I had to create an anonymous login in the raZberry interface cause the polling gave me an error at first, because it could not login, would that be a hint for you? Is there a way to add username/password to the module or config file?
> >
> > Can’t wait to get the new revision, so far I love Zwave!
> >
> > Serge

I am running Zway 2.1.2 rc17, I changed my polling to 10 sec. and will try to downgrade if I still have issues with my comms. I’ll let you know

I noted something in the instructions in the raZberry.pm module, the example shows the controller IP addressed reversed with controller name. You might want to fix to avoid confusion.

Now that it is defined in my mht file, I can see my devices in my groups, that’s cool and easier to control! I installed the niffler plugin and it is working, but I don’t see the status change in my ia7 interface, it works but does not update the status, yet I see this in the logs:

05/23/16 20:46:20  [raZberry] Found:ZWayVDev_zway_2-0-37 with level off and updated 1464050776.

Argument "off" isn't numeric in numeric eq (==) at /opt/misterhouse/bin/../lib/raZberry.pm line 543.

05/23/16 20:46:20  [raZberry_dimmer] Setting value to off. Level is off

I am using a ON/OFF switch, not a dimmer, but using the dimmer definition in the .mht could that be my problem? I never set the switch to other than ON or OFF.

Serge

Re: Razberry integration

H Plato
Yes, I noticed that inconsistency, I was debating if the name or IP address should go first. I’ve updated the documentation.

That’s interesting, it looks like an ON/OFF sends an actual on or off.

I can’t test this, but I just added a RAZBERRY_SWITCH object that should be able to parse on and off messages. Can you give this a try?  I just have a zwave fan controller (razberry sees it as a dimmer) so I can’t fully test this.

On May 23, 2016, at 6:51 PM, Serge Martel (smartel) <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

my zway server version is v2.2.1 and I've seen those messages too but
haven't seen a negative effect on mh and did not investigate any
further..
From a quick grep through my old print.logs I'd like to say the longer
the zway service was running without reboot of the pi the more error 500 i
see in the logs but I'm not sure, i don't really recall when i was
playing with the pi...

But I'll keep an eye on the issue.

H Plato <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Tobias, what version of Zway are you running? Do you see any error 500’s in your logs?
>
> I’m wondering if Serge’s issue might be related to the Zway version. Looking at the razberry forums, there seems to be a wide variation of performance on different versions — hence why I haven’t upgraded past 2.0.0
>

> > On May 23, 2016, at 9:20 AM, Tobias Sachs <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I made some small changes, you might want to merge (see https://github.com/tobser/misterhouse/tree/razberry-binary-sensor-merge-fix <https://github.com/tobser/misterhouse/tree/razberry-binary-sensor-merge-fix> ).
> > But at least 0f9bb1e0d5232aab164ed365ad272a486c1aace2 is required to make
> > the binary sensor work.
> >
> > Also i thought you would want to remove the the
> > razberry_open_close/window/door items... I already changed all my
> > usercode/mht files to use the Door_Items with razberry_binary_sensor,
> > so I'm fine with removing those. If you still plan to remove them, I
> > think we should delete them before more people start to use them.
> >
> > Tobi
> >
> > H Plato <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
> >> I uploaded a new razberry to my razberry github branch. I incorporated Tobi’s binary_sensor code, removed the JSON::XS dependancy, and added razberry definitions to the read_table_A.pl file, meaning you can declare them in your items.mht file. (which also removes the requirement for anyone to add a ‘use raZberry;’ line to their code)
> >>
> >> I’ve been running it all day without issue, if you want to try it out be good to get some testing before sending in a pull request to upload it to master.

Re: Razberry integration

Serge Martel (smartel)

Since I have increased polling to 10 seconds, haven’t seen error 500 anymore. Not that is very important, but I want to monitor how reliable Zwave will be in the long run.

It is very kind of you to try to figure out how to add my switch without one to try, unfortunately it didn’t work I get an error on line 653 when I try to start MH with the new module.

Global symbol "$n_state" requires explicit package name at /opt/misterhouse/bin/../lib/raZberry.pm line 653.

Serge

Re: Razberry integration

H Plato
Oops, that’s been fixed in the latest update. Can you try again.

Just out of curiosity, can you try a poll of 8 seconds. Right now the default is set to 5 — which seems to work fine for me on my raspberry B+ running v2.0.0

On May 25, 2016, at 1:52 PM, Serge Martel (smartel) <[hidden email]> wrote:

Since I have increased polling to 10 seconds, haven’t seen error 500 anymore. Not that is very important, but I want to monitor how reliable Zwave will be in the long run.

It is very kind of you to try to figure out how to add my switch without one to try, unfortunately it didn’t work I get an error on line 653 when I try to start MH with the new module.

Global symbol "$n_state" requires explicit package name at /opt/misterhouse/bin/../lib/raZberry.pm line 653.

Serge

Re: Razberry integration

Serge Martel (smartel)

We are getting closer….

And before I forget can you add to the notes to verify the Z-way suffix, mine is 0-37,  I have to change it in the module for it to control my devices.

Here is what is happening when starting MH:

05/26/16 09:28:00  [raZberry] Controller initialized.

05/26/16 09:28:00  [raZberry] Registering Switch Device ID 2-0-37 to controller

05/26/16 09:28:00  [raZberry] Registering Communication object to controller

..

Here is what happens when I switch on/off via the IA7 interface: and the status does not update

05/26/16 09:30:50  [raZberry] contacting http://192.168.67.28:8083/ZAutomation/api/v1/devices/ZWayVDev_zway_2-0-37/command/on

05/26/16 09:30:52  [raZberry] Found:ZWayVDev_zway_2-0-37 with level on and updated 1464269450.

Argument "on" isn't numeric in numeric eq (==) at /opt/misterhouse/bin/../lib/raZberry.pm line 646.

05/26/16 09:30:52  [raZberry_switch] Setting value to on. Level is 100

05/26/16 09:31:03  [raZberry] Polling initiated

05/26/16 09:31:03  [raZberry] contacting http://192.168.67.28:8083/ZAutomation/api/v1/devices?since=1464269452

05/26/16 09:31:13  [raZberry] Polling initiated

05/26/16 09:31:13  [raZberry] contacting http://192.168.67.28:8083/ZAutomation/api/v1/devices?since=1464269463

05/26/16 09:31:20  [raZberry] Setting 2-0-37 to off

05/26/16 09:31:20  [raZberry] contacting http://192.168.67.28:8083/ZAutomation/api/v1/devices/ZWayVDev_zway_2-0-37/command/off

05/26/16 09:31:23  [raZberry] Polling initiated

05/26/16 09:31:23  [raZberry] contacting http://192.168.67.28:8083/ZAutomation/api/v1/devices?since=1464269473

05/26/16 09:31:23  [raZberry] Found:ZWayVDev_zway_2-0-37 with level off and updated 1464269480.

Argument "off" isn't numeric in numeric eq (==) at /opt/misterhouse/bin/../lib/raZberry.pm line 646.

05/26/16 09:31:23  [raZberry_switch] Setting value to off. Level is 100

Serge