Problem with RRDTool/Weather & Ibutton Question

Problem with RRDTool/Weather & Ibutton Question

John Murphy-2
I'm just getting my misterhouse cranking right now, and have run into a couple of problems.

1) I have my weatherstation (Ultimeter2100) receiving records OK (verified using debug-ultimeter) but when my weather_rrd_update.pl (the standard one in the distribution runs) I get the following error:

Process Eval results: ERROR : function RRDs::graph : Could not parse color in 'C0C0C0\n'

I'm using rrdTool version 1.2.11.  Any ideas?  I'm wondering if anyone else is having a problem like this;  It seems like it might be a problem escaping some of the graph generation command characters associated with the colorna (C0C0C0) color...

2) I've got about 20 ibutton sensors, mosly the DS temperature sensors, that I have been polling with digitemp.  I get CRC errors when mh starts up and it processes my items, and then no apparent 1 wire activity after that.  Also, does the ibutton library support the DS2409 couplers?

Thanks,
John

Re: Problem with RRDTool/Weather & Ibutton Question

Steve Goldman
John Murphy wrote:

> I'm just getting my misterhouse cranking right now, and have run into a
> couple of problems.
>
> 1) I have my weatherstation (Ultimeter2100) receiving records OK
> (verified using debug-ultimeter) but when my weather_rrd_update.pl (the
> standard one in the distribution runs) I get the following error:
>
> Process Eval results: ERROR : function RRDs::graph : Could not parse
> color in 'C0C0C0\n'
>
> I'm using rrdTool version 1.2.11.  Any ideas?  I'm wondering if anyone
> else is having a problem like this;  It seems like it might be a problem
> escaping some of the graph generation command characters associated with
> the colorna (C0C0C0) color...

This is fixed in the current committed sources and should be part of the next release.
The 1.2 version of rrdtool is pickier about escaping colons in the command line.
I'll send you a copy of the new version offline.

--
Steve