PLM Baud Rate

pelle8
I am trying to test/use a Smartenit ZBPLM controller for Insteon integration.  This device has Insteon/X10 and ZigBee.  It is supposed to be equivalent to a 2412S, but the serial port baud rate on the device is 115K, instead of 19200.  What would be the best way to handle this?  I think I can change the Insteon-PLM.pm file to use a confugration parameter (like the port ID), but I don't want this to change on a Misterhouse update since the change would be in the lib directory.  Could I point Misterhouse to a different lib directory in my user area and then only copy/use that PLM.pm file?  This would prevent it from being overwritten on a Misterhouse update.  Anwyway, any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks...

Re: PLM Baud Rate

Marc MERLIN-7
Administrator
On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 07:38:08AM -0700, pelle8 wrote:
> I am trying to test/use a Smartenit ZBPLM controller for Insteon integration.
> This device has Insteon/X10 and ZigBee.  It is supposed to be equivalent to
> a 2412S, but the serial port baud rate on the device is 115K, instead of
> 19200.  What would be the best way to handle this?  I think I can change the
> Insteon-PLM.pm file to use a confugration parameter (like the port ID), but
> I don't want this to change on a Misterhouse update since the change would
> be in the lib directory.  Could I point Misterhouse to a different lib

How about you do the change first to test it.

If it works, the baud rate can be made an option that defaults to 19200
if it's unset.

Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/

Re: PLM Baud Rate

pelle8
Okay, I will test that baud rate and see if it works.  Thanks....

Re: PLM Baud Rate

pelle8
Setting the baud rate using:

my $speed = 115200;

in the insteon_plm.pm file did the trick with the Smartenit ZBPLM modem.  Would it be possible to modify this file in the source so that it reads the config parms like the serial port?  I think something like:

my $speed = $::config_parms{$instance . "_baudrate"};

There could be some additional code that would set the speed to 19200 if that parameter is not found.  It is no big deal since it works with modifying the file directly, but it would be nice if we didn't have to worry about updates wiping out this hack.