OT: DropBear SSH on Audrey, much smaller binary

OT: DropBear SSH on Audrey, much smaller binary

Matthew Williams-2
I have managed to compile the DropBear ssh suite for Audrey.  It includes a
ssh server, ssh client, scp client and key generator as a single binary,
around 250KB, with no external library requirements.

To install:
- copy dropbearmulti to Audrey.  I recommend /nto/bin as a destination.
- create soft links from dropbearmulti to: dropbear, dbclient, ssh,
dropbearkey and scp.  FYI, dbclient is an alias for the ssh client.
- create the /etc/dropbear directory
- run dropbearkey -t rsa /etc/dropbear/dropbear_rsa_host_key
- run dropbearkey -t dss /etc/dropbear/dropbear_dss_host_key
- add /nto/bin/dropbear to /kojak/boot.sh to start the sshd server at startup

This should replace the openssh based package that I sent out last year.
This one is more up-to-date, doesn't have any known security holes, and is
about 1/5 the size.

The enclosed file is actually a zip.  Sourceforge is currently filtering out
.zip attachments.  Rename the file before attempting to open it.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.
Matt

dropbearssh.piz (59K) Download Attachment

dropbearmulti.piz (59K) Download Attachment

Re: Re: OT: DropBear SSH on Audrey, much smaller binary

Pete Flaherty
Thanks Matt,
I almost totally forgot about the ssh installer, and this is indeed smaller. as a package it is ~10% the size of the ssh package ;)

I just packaged up the whole thing as an audrey package, they are in the .beta directory

just add the ins-dropbear package and all should be done (auto reboots too).
I havn't had a chance to test the install yet ... any takers welcome. (this was a really easy installer)

Just drop me a note, with any problems or questions

--
-Pete Flaherty
http://mraudrey.net