Nanoleaf Aurora?

H Plato
I just picked one of these up. Really cool light, and a local REST interface can be enabled on the controller, using the Beta OpenAPI — No cloud service! I’m putting together a MH module for controlling it.

www.nanoleaf.me

Re: Nanoleaf Aurora?

Brian Rudy
Looks cool!

I have been considering writing a module for FPP
(https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp) for lighting control along
these same lines.

On 4/13/17 14:40, H Plato wrote:
> I just picked one of these up. Really cool light, and a local REST interface can be enabled on the controller, using the Beta OpenAPI — No cloud service! I’m putting together a MH module for controlling it.
>
> www.nanoleaf.me

Re: Nanoleaf Aurora?

Just a heads up for Canadians, Best Buy has a 9 pack plus 3 panel expansion pack on sale for $200. The expansion pack is normally $70. Now I have 21 panels and two controllers…

> On Apr 13, 2017, at 3:40 PM, H Plato <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I just picked one of these up. Really cool light, and a local REST interface can be enabled on the controller, using the Beta OpenAPI — No cloud service! I’m putting together a MH module for controlling it.
>
> www.nanoleaf.me

Re: Nanoleaf Aurora?

Brian Rudy
I broke down and ordered one of the Smarter Kits and an expansion pack
for my home office and should have it in-hand by late next week.

I need to do some updates to my main MH system first, but would be happy
to test your module once things are ready on my side.

On 4/13/17 15:31, Brian Rudy wrote:

> Looks cool!
>
> I have been considering writing a module for FPP
> (https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp) for lighting control along
> these same lines.
>

> On 4/13/17 14:40, H Plato wrote:
>> I just picked one of these up. Really cool light, and a local REST interface can be enabled on the controller, using the Beta OpenAPI — No cloud service! I’m putting together a MH module for controlling it.
>>
>> www.nanoleaf.me

Re: Nanoleaf Aurora?

H Plato
Great!  I have a branch on my github, and thanks to Wayne for the ssdp code, the device can be automatically be found.

It's mostly done, just adding in error testing and fixes to how it writes config data. Note that a new firmware (1.5.0), is in beta and when released the api will change, but i have an idea on how to handle that.

Sent from my mobile device.

> On May 3, 2017, at 11:22 AM, Brian Rudy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I broke down and ordered one of the Smarter Kits and an expansion pack
> for my home office and should have it in-hand by late next week.
>
> I need to do some updates to my main MH system first, but would be happy
> to test your module once things are ready on my side.
>

>> On 4/13/17 15:31, Brian Rudy wrote:
>> Looks cool!
>>
>> I have been considering writing a module for FPP
>> (https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp) for lighting control along
>> these same lines.
>>

>>> On 4/13/17 14:40, H Plato wrote:
>>> I just picked one of these up. Really cool light, and a local REST interface can be enabled on the controller, using the Beta OpenAPI — No cloud service! I’m putting together a MH module for controlling it.
>>>
>>> www.nanoleaf.me

Re: Nanoleaf Aurora?

Brian Rudy
Hi Howard,

I'm still struggling with some long overdue updates on my main MH servers, but in the mean time I have been looking at your code and API documentation this morning after installing my Aurora last night.

A couple notes and questions:

In the SSDP discovery request if you set the ST to nanoleaf_aurora:light it will reduce the number of devices on the network that respond (as opposed to the current value of ssdp:all) and might speed the discovery process up a tad.

The Aurora Open API documentation I found when looking around (Advanced Preview v0.1) seems to have a different API URL prefix (/api/beta) than the default I see in your code (/api/v1). I see that if you set the api=beta option, it allows for the /api/beta prefix. Is there a newer Aurora API doc for the 1.5.x firmware in circulation somewhere? I just signed up for the beta program earlier today, but haven't received anything from Nanoleaf about it as of yet.

I haven't spent a ton of time reviewing your code, but it isn't clear to me from the notes alone what I need to define in my MH configs to do the initial token auto-generation. Can you confirm I just need to define the aurora_<ID>_url and aurora_<ID>_options = 'api=beta' with the 1.4.39 firmware? This also implies that I should set a DHCP reservation for the Aurora so that the URL doesn't change.

Thanks again, and I'm looking forward to playing with the module.
-Brian

On 4/13/17 14:40, H Plato wrote:
I just picked one of these up. Really cool light, and a local REST interface can be enabled on the controller, using the Beta OpenAPI — No cloud service! I’m putting together a MH module for controlling it.

www.nanoleaf.me

Re: Nanoleaf Aurora?

H Plato
Great point. I lifted the ssdp code from wayne, so that change seems to make sense!

1.5 should be out right away so i changed everything to work with the v1 release. If you have a 1.4.39 device (which is current), then set the aurora_1_options to 'api=beta'.

You actually don't need to define anything in the mh.ini for initial setup. If nothing is entered, the module should find the aurora via ssdp. Then it will weite to the print log to hold down the power button. Holding the power until it blinks tells the aurora to respond to a token request. Once a location and token are gathered, these are written to the mh.ini. Now since 1.5 isn't released yet, you'll probably have to have that options setting above (or change the api_path in the code)

I'm running two auroras, a 1.4.39 and 1.5 and they both seem to work.

I'm doing this from memory on my phone so i might have some details incorrect.

Thanks for testing!

Sent from my mobile device.