My Sensors gateway

Serge Martel (smartel)

Hello everyone,

I am looking at buying stuff to integrate some mysensors, https://www.mysensors.org/, into mh. I have seen support for it through MySensors.pm, I was thinking of building a gateway with the radio directly on the GPIO of the RPI, is this supported ? Or I have to go with the Ethernet module? I would prefer avoiding  serial, as this would be in a remote location.

Thank you!

Re: My Sensors gateway

Jeff Siddall
On 02/26/2017 04:50 PM, Serge Martel (smartel) wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am looking at buying stuff to integrate some mysensors,
> https://www.mysensors.org/, into mh. I have seen support for it through
> MySensors.pm, I was thinking of building a gateway with the radio
> directly on the GPIO of the RPI, is this supported ? Or I have to go
> with the Ethernet module? I would prefer avoiding  serial, as this would
> be in a remote location.

Not sure about the use case for an RPi serial gateway but MySensors.pm
expects a MYS gateway stream coming on on either a TCP socket or a
serial interface.  As long as you can get that from the RPi it should
work fine.