Quantcast

Moxa pci 8 port serial card for sale

Joel Davidson-2

I've got a Moxa 8 port serial pci card that I don't need anymore.
My current system has no pci slots so I've gone all USB.  I used
it for a number of years with mh and it worked just fine.

Model C168H/PCI with DB-9 adapter cable.  Works with linux and
windows.  $35 OBO including shipping to anywhere in the US.

Joel
--
Joel Davidson
Austin, TX

Re: Moxa pci 8 port serial card for sale

Joel Davidson-2
I picked up a VScom usb-serial adapter a while back, since the box
I run mh on doesn't have any expansion slots.   It wasn't cheap, but
it works well.

http://www.vscom.de/vscom-usb-8com.html

On Sat, 7 May 2016, it would appear that Craig wrote:

> What have you replaced your Moxa with?
>
> On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 7:28 PM, Joel Davidson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > I've got a Moxa 8 port serial pci card that I don't need anymore.
> > My current system has no pci slots so I've gone all USB.  I used
> > it for a number of years with mh and it worked just fine.
> >
> > Model C168H/PCI with DB-9 adapter cable.  Works with linux and
> > windows.  $35 OBO including shipping to anywhere in the US.
> >
> > Joel
> > --
> > Joel Davidson
> > Austin, TX
> > [hidden email]

Re: Moxa pci 8 port serial card for sale

Craig-24
I was contemplating buying the SIIG 8-Port USB to RS-232 Serial Adapter Hub. It runs about $148 on Amazon. Anybody have any experience with this unit on mh? I have a whole variety of devices on serial ports. The only two I am worried about are the iButton serial adapters. I have a DS9097U and a Link-45 for my 1-wire network. It seems like these work at a low hardware level. I just don't know if these will work after going through a USB to serial conversion. Anybody use these on a USB/serial hub? I suppose worst case I could swap them out for a couple of USB 1-wire adapters.

-Craig

--
-Craig

Re: Moxa pci 8 port serial card for sale

Greg Moeller
What I use is the Digi etherlite series.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIGI-ETHERLITE-160-1P-50000986-01-L-16-PORT-TERMINAL-SERVER-/381546761224?hash=item58d5f58c08:g:j-MAAOSwFNZWwf6g
Can get drivers for most any OS (not sure about Rpi though)
Works very well and can even have different OS/boxes talk to the same etherlite (different ports of course)

It's a bit of overkill but they work well for everything I need.

Greg

--
-Craig

Re: Moxa pci 8 port serial card for sale

Greg Moeller
Oops, didn't realize the auction I posted as AS IS.
Here's a known working one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIGI-EtherLite-32-Network-Serial-Concentrator-50000988-01-/272210805224?hash=item3f610741e8:g:w1oAAOSwFGNWRlqk

Greg

--