Motion Sensor ON Messages

pelle8
If I have an Insteon motion sensor set to only send ON messages when motion is detected, does the state_now indicate an event on each ON message?  I think the motion sensor can only send ON messages every 10 seconds or so.  Will an if statement using a state_now see all the motion every time the LED flashes?  It seems like I am not seeing all the ON messages with my state_now condition every time the LED flashes.  Thanks, John P.

Re: Motion Sensor ON Messages

krkeegan
Administrator
On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 3:27 PM, pelle8 <[hidden email]> wrote:
If I have an Insteon motion sensor set to only send ON messages when motion
is detected, does the state_now indicate an event on each ON message?

Yes.

It seems like I am not seeing all the ON messages with my
state_now condition every time the LED flashes.  Thanks, John P.

First, you identified one issue already, the motion sensor only sends ON messages every 10 seconds or so when the "all motion" feature is enabled.

Secondly, as a wireless device, many of the motion sensor's messages get lost along the way.

Third, the only other limitation, is MH will ignore repeated messages which arrive less than 1 second apart.

If you increase your debugging level, you can watch the commands coming in from the device.  You can increase the debugging level on a per device basis as well.  Such as Debug=$motion:4;Something_Else:1