More question on creating a new interface

More question on creating a new interface

Neil Cherry
Does anyone know of a device that MH support that can send and
receive something other than X10. I've taken a look at the EIB
interface and it seems that you can send with it but not receive.

http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site

Re: More question on creating a new interface

Peter Sjödin
Neil Cherry wrote:
> Does anyone know of a device that MH support that can send and
> receive something other than X10. I've taken a look at the EIB
> interface and it seems that you can send with it but not receive.

EIB is bidirectional. The EIB interface runs in promiscuous mode, and MH
receives and processes everything that happens on the EIB network. So a
status change on EIB will be mirrored in MH.

There are also read/reply messages for reading the current status of an
EIB device. MH does this on all devices at startup.

Peter

Peter Sjödin wrote:

> Neil Cherry wrote:
>> Does anyone know of a device that MH support that can send and
>> receive something other than X10. I've taken a look at the EIB
>> interface and it seems that you can send with it but not receive.
>
> EIB is bidirectional. The EIB interface runs in promiscuous mode, and MH
> receives and processes everything that happens on the EIB network. So a
> status change on EIB will be mirrored in MH.
>
> There are also read/reply messages for reading the current status of an
> EIB device. MH does this on all devices at startup.

Thanks Peter, I'll dig deeper into your code to figure that out.
:-)

http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site

Re: More question on creating a new interface

Neil Cherry
Peter, thanks, I found it! It was in your startup code, very nice
and logical. Very easy to follow (once I realizes it was there ;-).

http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site