Media Center Edition

David Chew (mh)
Anyone thought about integration of MH with WinXP Media Center Edition?

Re: Media Center Edition

Lee_MH
Why?  When we have MythTV....  :)

Lee

>Anyone thought about integration of MH with WinXP Media Center Edition?

Re: Media Center Edition

Pete Flaherty

Actually I was thinking more of MYTHTV
But the demands of video services would overwhelm a single system, unless it was very fast and optimized for these services

-Pete Flaherty

On Sun, 2006-02-05 at 14:09 -0500, David Chew (mh) wrote:
Anyone thought about integration of MH with WinXP Media Center Edition?

Re: Media Center Edition

Thomas Harding-2

My MH PC is an AMD AthlonXP 3gig with 512 ram,  30gig and 200gig HDs, ATI All-in-wonder. It records my wifes soap each day and runs all MH functions without a problem. I have caller ID, motion sensors and iBuutons. No relay cards yet for speakers, but I can't imagine that will be much overhead on he system once installed. I also have 2 sound cards installed, one for MH speach and one for TV recording.

Re: Media Center Edition

Tom-75
I created a MCE web page for myself which gives me some basic screens:

Main screen:
Temperature (inside/outside)
HVAC status (current setpoint)
Last Caller (name/number)
Garage Door status (2 garage doors -- open or close)

HVAC:
Again shows status but here I can change the temperature, change
heat/cool or turn off.

Lights:
Turn on and off some of the Main lights or Turn off All lights.

The web page code is very hacked together so it would probably take some
work to have it work for someone else, but for myself, it works great
and looks like a regular web plugin.

I went the MCE route because I had access (through MSDN) to the software
and I like using the Extender.. Fanless, diskless, silent.  The main MCE
machine has 4 tuners and runs in the basement, while the Extender give
me almost full access to the MCE machine and sits quietly in the family
room.

If anyone would like to try making my MCE web page code more modular,
let me know and I'll send it over or put it in CVS.