Insteon_Irrigation.pm

pelle8
Does the Insteon_Irrigation module work with the current MH version (2.2)?  I am getting an instantiation(?) error when I try to use INSTEON_IRRIGATION in my insteon.mht file, or if I use:

use Insteon_Irrigation;
$irrigation = new Insteon_Irrigation($myPLM, '12.34.56');

In my .pl file.  Using the code directly in the .pl file throws an error that it can't use the 'new' method.  Is there a hack or anything for the irrigation module?  I want to try and get my sprinklers in MH using this module.  Thanks...

Re: Insteon_Irrigation.pm

krkeegan
Administrator
No, sorry the Insteon_Irrigation module will not work without some editing.

I was able to convert the old thermostat code into the new structure relatively easy.  Given that I believe the EzFlora remains an i1 device, converting the code should be easier than the thermostat which is now an i2cs device.

I can't work on it tonight, but if you give me a few days I can probably have a rough draft for you to test out.  I don't yet have the device, so I won't be able to add any functionality, but I think I can at least enable what was previously present.

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 9:45 AM, pelle8 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Does the Insteon_Irrigation module work with the current MH version (2.2)?  I
am getting an instantiation(?) error when I try to use INSTEON_IRRIGATION in
my insteon.mht file, or if I use:

use Insteon_Irrigation;
$irrigation = new Insteon_Irrigation($myPLM, '12.34.56');

In my .pl file.  Using the code directly in the .pl file throws an error
that it can't use the 'new' method.  Is there a hack or anything for the
irrigation module?  I want to try and get my sprinklers in MH using this
module.  Thanks...

J D

Z-Wave Suggestions Wanted

J D
Hi guys,

Since my apartment has been so resistant to X-10 signaling, I have decided to go ahead and give Z-Wave a try. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a Z-Wave starter kit -- say, a controller for my server, a few light modules, maybe a remote? Temperature and motion sensors would be awesome.

Thanks!

Re: Insteon_Irrigation.pm

tbclark3
I would also be very happy to test it.  I've been hoping somebody would do the initial conversion.

Re: Insteon_Irrigation.pm

krkeegan
Alright John, I believe I have brought the Irrigation module up-to-date.  I have not improved it in anyway, I just made whatever code existed work with the current version of the Insteon code.  Or at least I think I did.  I don't yet have the EZflora, so I can't test it, but using a mock device as a stand in, nothing crashed.

Test it out here:

Let me know how it goes,

Kevin

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 5:53 PM, John Pellegrino <[hidden email]> wrote:

That would be fantastic. I can do the troubleshooting for you. Thanks, John P.

On Apr 2, 2013 4:50 PM, "Kevin Robert Keegan" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Re: Z-Wave Suggestions Wanted

Chris Knutson
Hi J,

You can use Misterhouse with Z-Wave. I did for years using an RZC0P as the interface. I have had far better luck switching to a VeraLite as the controller.  The VeraLite, from Micasaverde can be found for $179 on Amazon.

It is fairly simple to send commands from Misterhouse to the Veralite and let it do the low level Z-Wave stuff.  If you have questions, let me know and I will expand on what I have done.

My 2 cents worth.

Chris

On 4/3/2013 6:43 PM, [hidden email] wrote:> Hi guys,

> Since my apartment has been so resistant to X-10 signaling, I have decided to go ahead and give Z-Wave a try. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a Z-Wave starter kit -- say, a controller for my server, a few light modules, maybe a remote? Temperature and motion sensors would be awesome.
>
> Thanks!

Re: Insteon_Irrigation.pm

MattBurgoon

I've switched to the GIT version from the SVN version since you did this work.

So far so good for me - works just like it used to.

On 04/06/13 15:09, Kevin Robert Keegan wrote:
[...]

Employer Resources Portal