IA7 Web Interface - browser sorting differences

IA7 Web Interface - browser sorting differences

Dean Junk
I noticed that when selecting a group (user defined), the objects displayed in that group are sorted differently based on the browser being used.

For Example:

Safari - Correctly by name (A-Z)
Chrome - Random
Firefox - Reverse by name (Z-A)
IE - Correctly by name (A-Z)

I only discovered it when playing with the interface from several different devices.  BTW, it is very cool that one interface can handle all devices!

Thanks!

Re: IA7 Web Interface - browser sorting differences

H Plato
Interesting, I haven’t noticed this before. There are two types of pages, if you browse to system -> browse groups, it’s all alphabetical. I get similar results on firefox, safari and chrome (I mainly use chrome for testing).

However, viewing a group object, the results will be all over the map. This is due to the way json_server,pl returns results. So:

$ curl --compressed "http://mhip/json/objects?type=Group&fields=state,state_log,type” is ordered since I set json->canonical(1)

$ curl --compressed "http://mhip/json/objects?fields=members&items=somegroup” the members data is random, hence the random order when a group is viewed

I’ll look into this further on how the members data can returned ordered. I’m still puzzled why firefox returns reverse alphabetical. I can’t replicate that on firefox 37.0.2 on OS X

On Jun 6, 2015, at 6:16 AM, Dean Junk <[hidden email]> wrote:

I noticed that when selecting a group (user defined), the objects displayed in that group are sorted differently based on the browser being used.

For Example:

Safari - Correctly by name (A-Z)
Chrome - Random
Firefox - Reverse by name (Z-A)
IE - Correctly by name (A-Z)

I only discovered it when playing with the interface from several different devices.  BTW, it is very cool that one interface can handle all devices!

Thanks!

Re: IA7 Web Interface - browser sorting differences

Dean Junk
I tried the new files and it didn't fix the issue.  I then cleared my cache on all browsers, and they all work correctly now.  I'm guessing that was the issue all along.  Thanks again for the quick response and great work!

On 6/6/15 1:28 PM, H Plato wrote:
Github.com/hplato/misterhouse

Sent from my mobile device.

On 6/6/15 1:11 PM, H Plato wrote:
[...]

No problem, thanks for testing. There was an issue with group member order being non-deterministic, so the explicit sort is good.

One thing to note, the items are ordered by group name, not label, so if you have this in user code:

$a = new Generic_Item;
$a -> set_label(“garage”);

$b = new Generic_Item;
$b -> set_label(“backyard);