Quantcast

Help MH 4.2 IA7 problem.....

Jay Jackson-4

I am not sure where the error is. I have a fresh setup of Centos 7 x86_64 with MH 4.2 loaded and setup.

I ran the set_password and entered in my password.  I can log IA5 with no trouble.  IA7 gives me a password error.

Log:

(IA7)

03/19/17 00:54:01  [http_server.pl]: Warning, invalid argument string detected (password=*********)

03/19/17 00:54:01  Password was just NOT set; local

(IA 5)

03/19/17 12:08:16  Password was just accepted for User [admin] browser local

(IA7 again)

03/19/17 14:13:23  [http_server.pl]: Warning, invalid argument string detected (password=*********)

03/19/17 14:13:23  Password was just NOT set; local

I am not sure what I have missed.  I have everything setup like MH 4.1 and it worked just fine.

Thank you,

Jay Jackson

Re: Help MH 4.2 IA7 problem.....

H Plato
I wonder if there’s a special character, or something else the javascript might not like.

As a test, can you try a simple password like test and see if it works?

Looking at http_server, this is the problematic line:

        if ( $buf =~ /^([-\+=&;%@.*\w_]*)\s*$/ ) {
            print "http POST in loop\n" if $main::Debug{http};
            $get_arg .= "&" if ( $get_arg ne '' );
            $get_arg .= $buf;
        }
        else {
            &main::print_log("[http_server.pl]: Warning, invalid argument string detected ($buf)\n");
        }

Although it’s weird that IA5 works and IA7 doesn’t.

On Mar 20, 2017, at 3:08 PM, Jay Jackson <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I tried changing it to password with no success.  I tried a couple others and had the same results.  I should have tried 1 – 7 to see if it worked.

I now have this when I login to IA 5. REMOVEME = get_arg = password=*******  It is at the upper left side under the the status Logged In as admin.

I have some of the GetArg perl modules loaded. I also checked to see if they were they latest modules.  They are the latest ones.

Jay Jackson

Re: Help MH 4.2 IA7 problem.....

H Plato
Just to confirm the steps.

In the MH/Bin directory, set the admin password

./set_password -user admin -password admin1

 So with no user logged in you should see a red gear and when you press the gear, the authorize box should say “Log in”.

Clicking Log in: should give you this:

Typing ‘admin1’ should then give you this (purple gear, logged in as admin)

Clicking the gear, shows we’re logged in as admin:

And yes, that REMOVEME was my fault, a reminder to remove the debug code. I put in a pull request to master to fix it.

On Mar 20, 2017, at 7:31 PM, Jay Jackson <[hidden email]> wrote:

I tried changing it to password with no success.  I tried a couple others and had the same results.  I should have tried 1 – 7 to see if it worked.
I now have this when I login to IA 5. REMOVEME = get_arg = password=*******  It is at the upper left side under the the status Logged In as admin.
I have some of the GetArg perl modules loaded. I also checked to see if they were they latest modules.  They are the latest ones.

Jay Jackson

Re: Help MH 4.2 IA7 problem.....

Jay Jackson-4

I click on the Red Gear and enter admin1 and I get a Purple Gear.  I click the Purple Gear I get logged in as admin.

Not sure why my password does not work in IA7 but does in IA5?

Jay

Re: Help MH 4.2 IA7 problem.....

H Plato
Are you saying that admin1 worked to log you in, but your original password didn’t work?

If so, it would be great to figure out what is root problem. Length, case, special character. Can you try your password a character at a time until it doesn’t work?

On Mar 20, 2017, at 9:34 PM, Jay Jackson <[hidden email]> wrote:

I click on the Red Gear and enter admin1 and I get a Purple Gear.  I click the Purple Gear I get logged in as admin.
Not sure why my password does not work in IA7 but does in IA5?

Jay

In the MH/Bin directory, set the admin password

./set_password -user admin -password admin1

 So with no user logged in you should see a red gear and when you press the gear, the authorize box should say “Log in”.

<image005.gif>

Clicking Log in: should give you this:

<image006.gif>

Typing ‘admin1’ should then give you this (purple gear, logged in as admin)

<image007.gif>

Clicking the gear, shows we’re logged in as admin:

<image008.gif>

And yes, that REMOVEME was my fault, a reminder to remove the debug code. I put in a pull request to master to fix it.

On Mar 20, 2017, at 7:31 PM, Jay Jackson <[hidden email]> wrote:

I tried changing it to password with no success.  I tried a couple others and had the same results.  I should have tried 1 – 7 to see if it worked.
I now have this when I login to IA 5. REMOVEME = get_arg = password=*******  It is at the upper left side under the the status Logged In as admin.
I have some of the GetArg perl modules loaded. I also checked to see if they were they latest modules.  They are the latest ones.

Jay Jackson

Re: Help MH 4.2 IA7 problem.....

Jay Jackson-4

I used an exclamation point in my password.  When I changed it to one without the exclamation point then everything worked as expected.

I use some symbols in my passwords to make them more secure.  I will have to try some others and see what works and what does not.

Jay

Re: Help MH 4.2 IA7 problem.....

H Plato
Well, that was interesting. For some reason the javascript ‘serialize’ method doesn’t encode the special character !. It does for every other character, just not the exclamation mark. Go figure.

Anyways, I’ve fixed it and sent in a pull request to master. Thanks again for identifying the problem! Let me know if any other characters cause problems. I tried a bunch and they seem to work for me.