HVAC objects and objects in general

Seann Clark
All,

I am currently overhauling a rather old and clunky configuration I have,
in order to merge easier into the latest code revisions of Misterhouse.

A few of the items I haven't been able to find good examples of, are
defining HVAC objects (or good examples of linking existing items to
specific object groups like HVAC, etc), that the web interface can find
without editing.

In the past, I would hand edit the links to point to the specific HVAC
web interface I was using, but this is not optimal because when I
update, there is a good chance I will overwrite the file by accident,
thus causing me to re-edit it.

Part of what I am trying to do, is to get my existing owfs sensors to
appear as HVAC objects,

I based my config off of some examples I found from the list and on the
web, defining in my items file the specific sensors as:
XPL_SENSOR,     bnz-owfs.*:10.8CCC3B020800, Family_room_owfs,
,               temp

It would be nice to view this under the HVAC tab, as objects, along with
other elements I plan to create for my specific setup, would this be as
simple as adding in HVAC to the line after 'temp'?

I have recently moved from an older Onmistat thermometer to a Rheem
Econet based system (doesn't work too bad all in all) and I am looking
into what I would need to do to get control of that into Misterhouse (I
actually found the API documentation for this platform, though the site
is a tad messy: io.myrheem.com). Reading the API, it looks like it would
be simple to integrate, but I haven't started digging into that just
yet.  I am not sure how wide spread this is in use by other users, but I
can make my module availbile after I finish it

A lot of this has the aim of merging my setup into being usable with
ia7, where as I still use mostly ia5 since half the stuff I have written
is broken in ia7, which is also part of why I am overhauling this.

A final question, I use a custom build occupancy setup, but merged into
the latest GIT clone, everything breaks, trying to find the specific
Misterhouse modes, which I have originally defined as:

  our $occupied_mode_state;
  our $sleeping;
  our $security;
  our $mhmode;

  $occupied_mode_state = state $mode_occupied;
  $sleeping = state $mode_sleeping;
  $security = state $mode_security;
  $mhmode   = state $mode_mh;

Has any of these changed, in terms of naming scheme, for the state
names? The code errors out wit errors stating that the objects are not
defined.

Tying into misterhouse modes isn't documented as well as some of the
other items, I would guess that it is because it isn't used as much as
other code.

Regards,
Seann

Re: HVAC objects and objects in general

H Plato
Like this? (I don’t use owfs for my one-wire, but rather AnalogSensor_Items and oxc )

I did this by putting the objects in a group (In my case a groups called All_Temps), and then in the collections.json file made an entry like this:

   "134" : {
      "link" : "/ia7/#path=/objects&parents=All_Temps",
      "name" : "All Temperatures",
      "icon" : "wi-thermometer"
   },

Of course you have to add item 134 to a children section of the parent. There should be some documentation on the wiki about how to create a custom collections.json to modify the web interface.

I _think_ the modes are messed up due to the perltidy changes. Can you try this, go into common/mh_control.pl and make sure the mode definitions (ie $mode_occupied = new Generic_Item; ) line is in the first column.

On 5/10/2016 6:16 PM, H Plato wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> A final question, I use a custom build occupancy setup, but merged into
>> the latest GIT clone, everything breaks, trying to find the specific
>> Misterhouse modes, which I have originally defined as:
>>
>>  our $occupied_mode_state;
>>  our $sleeping;
>>  our $security;
>>  our $mhmode;
>>
>>  $occupied_mode_state = state $mode_occupied;
>>  $sleeping = state $mode_sleeping;
>>  $security = state $mode_security;
>>  $mhmode   = state $mode_mh;
>>
>> Has any of these changed, in terms of naming scheme, for the state
>> names? The code errors out wit errors stating that the objects are not
>> defined.
>>
>> Tying into misterhouse modes isn't documented as well as some of the
>> other items, I would guess that it is because it isn't used as much as

That explains a lot on how to customize the ia7 interface, that I had
missed in discussion on the list in the past. It also explains why my
interface looks rather broken (some buttons don't work, and do not
appear, from the interface itself, to have a purpose, it seems because I
didn't assign one to the page). I will mess around with this and dig
more into the Wiki related to the settings in there.

Re-adding the mode related code, I think I found something else that was
missed the last few runs on it, related to an unmatched curly brace, so
my issue most likely appears to be my error, not the main code error.

Thank you for the pointers on how to get the HVAC items fixed, and
pointing me in a good direction to look over the misterhouse modes section.

Regards,
Seann