Evapotranspiration & IA7

H Plato
I’ve been using the ETo calcs for the past month and so far, pretty happy with the results. Lawn seems to be properly watered, and don’t have to deal with a fixed schedule and run the risk of watering in the rain.

The module works out of the box for anyone with an OpenSprinkler. It shouldn’t be that difficult to adapt it to any other watering system — the calcs provide a set of 1-4 watering start times, and the number of seconds for each station to run.

I also have some time to update IA7 over the next week. In master there is a new version that adds lots of new features since the 4.2 MH release. It also requires an update to the collections.json file, so there is a common code file (ia7_collection_upgrader.pl) that will need to be enabled. It would be great to get some testers of the new version to see what bugs and problems come up.

Re: Evapotranspiration & IA7

Wayne Gatlin
Thanks for your work on the web interface, its looking good. I downloaded the current master and I am running it on my production box.

I enabled the upgrader file in the common code and restarted, I got an error about $version not being declared, added "my $version" to the top of the script and it ran as expected. I'm not sure where $version is supposed to be set, but the backed up file has no version in the name.

Global symbol "$version" requires explicit package name at (eval 557)

Other than that, it seems to be working fine. Of course I don't know how some of the stuff is supposed to work so I don't know if its broke or not.

_Wayne