Quantcast

EvapoTranspiration support added.

H Plato
With Neil’s help, and the blessing from the original creator, I’ve adapted a python script from the OpenSprinkler forums to calculate EvapoTranspiration-based daily watering amounts.

Right now, the script pushes a new daily schedule to the OpenSpinkler hardware, but the script is generic enough that it can be extended out to other systems. The Eto calculations output a string: [[r1,r2,r3,r4],[s1,s2,s3,s4…sn]] Where r1,r2,r3,r4 are the daily starttimes, and s1..sn are the seconds to run each station for

For anyone using an opensprinkler, you’ll need an update of the opensprinkler module since I updated it to allow for program uploads. If you have an opensprinkler, a weatherunderground key, and the seconds to distribution 1mm of water per zone, you should be able to use this right away.

The eto files are in the eto branch on my github https://github.com/hplato/misterhouse  The opensprinkler update is on the opensprinkler branch. Once there is some more testing I’ll submit a pull request so they can get merged into master.