Do we have examples of floorplan for the new version of MH?

Do we have examples of floorplan for the new version of MH?

Neil Cherry-3
I currently have SmartThings handling a bunch of sensors and talking
to MQTT. Now I'd like to make use of the latest version of MH with
floorplan. My old code has been pretty well ripped out so I've lost
a bunch of functionality. I intend to get that back but I first need
a place to start.

Author of:     Linux Smart Homes For Dummies

Re: Do we have examples of floorplan for the new version of MH?

H Plato
Here’s some of the code I use. Note that Tobias came up with some good suggestions, I am just testing a bunch of new IA7 stuff so I haven’t gotten around to it yet. For an update to the floorplan, it would also be good to have the floorplan base images in a separate directory (not in the /web/ia7/graphics directory like is required now)

Note that there is also an ia7_prefs option to have the floorplan object control as a popup (it’s how I use it. The modal dialog is still available as a ‘long press’). I think I documented that on the wiki.

use FPCamera_Item; #noloop
#fp location %y, %x
#Floor1
$sensor_main_motion -> set_fp_location(58,90);
$outside_light -> set_fp_location(70,53,70,65,64,80,98,2,98,44);
$garage_light -> set_fp_location(65,38,80,10,80,35);
$sensor_garage_motion -> set_fp_location(64,8);
$office_light -> set_fp_location(50,26);
$front_door -> set_fp_location(59,60);
$front_door -> set_fp_icon_set("door");
$garage_iolinc_door_2 -> set_fp_location(95,15);
$garage_iolinc_door_2 -> set_fp_icon_set("door");
$garage_iolinc_door -> set_fp_location(95,35);
$garage_iolinc_door -> set_fp_icon_set("door");
$main_top_blinds -> set_fp_location(20,25);
$main_top_blinds -> set_fp_icon_set("blinds");
$family_room_fan -> set_fp_location(35,30);
$family_room_fan -> set_fp_icon_set("fan");

$front_cam = new FPCamera_Item;
$front_cam -> set_fp_location(62,67);
$front_cam -> set_img("http://zm/cgi-bin/nph-zms?mode=jpeg&monitor=2&scale=100&maxfps=30");
$front_cam -> set_link("http://zm/zm/?view=watch&mid=2");
$front_cam -> set_label("Front Door Camera");

$garage_cam = new FPCamera_Item;
$garage_cam -> set_fp_location(92,25);
$garage_cam -> set_img("http://zm/cgi-bin/nph-zms?mode=jpeg&monitor=1&scale=100&maxfps=30");
$garage_cam -> set_link("http://zm/zm/?view=watch&mid=1");
$garage_cam -> set_label("Garage Camera");

$Floor1 -> add($front_cam,$garage_cam);

> On May 10, 2016, at 10:35 AM, Neil Cherry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I currently have SmartThings handling a bunch of sensors and talking
> to MQTT. Now I'd like to make use of the latest version of MH with
> floorplan. My old code has been pretty well ripped out so I've lost
> a bunch of functionality. I intend to get that back but I first need
> a place to start.
>
> --
> Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       [hidden email]
> http://www.linuxha.com/                         Main site
> http://linuxha.blogspot.com/                    My HA Blog
> Author of:     Linux Smart Homes For Dummies

Re: Do we have examples of floorplan for the new version of MH?

Tobias Sachs
Am 11.05.2016 um 00:57 schrieb H Plato:
> Note that Tobias came up with some good suggestions, I am just testing a bunch of new IA7 stuff so I haven’t gotten around to it yet.
I just pushed an update to my floorplan branch (
https://github.com/tobser/misterhouse/tree/floorplan_positions )
It is now interactive. If you append &show_pos (which i probably should
rename to 'edit'), you can use the mouse to move your items around.
Right click to change the icon to one of the available icon sets from
web/ia7/graphics/.
Items from your floorplan group without position data should show up
blow the floorplan.

There is no way to actually save the positions, you have to copy and
paste the generated perlcode from below the floorplan and use it in
usercode.
> For an update to the floorplan, it would also be good to have the floorplan base images in a separate directory (not in the /web/ia7/graphics directory like is required now)
yep, also for custom floorplan icons, it really took me a while to
figure out that I had to use the source directory when I first tried to
to use the ia7 floorplan...

> Note that there is also an ia7_prefs option to have the floorplan object control as a popup (it’s how I use it. The modal dialog is still available as a ‘long press’).
I was wondering why both options are available, IMHO the popups work
fine and we could remove the modal control to make the already quite
complicated javascript code a bit easier grasp.

Unrelated but still something that irritated me is the fact, that closed
door/window items use red icons by default, for me a open door/window
should have an alerting color and not the other way around.. It is  a
simple code change but I could provide a patch if anyone is interested..

>> On May 10, 2016, at 10:35 AM, Neil Cherry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I currently have SmartThings handling a bunch of sensors and talking
>> to MQTT. Now I'd like to make use of the latest version of MH with
>> floorplan. My old code has been pretty well ripped out so I've lost
>> a bunch of functionality. I intend to get that back but I first need
>> a place to start.
basically you have to:
1. create a background image named "flooplan-YOURFLOORPLANGROUP.png'
2. copy it into
/your_mh_source_dir/web/ia7/graphics/flooplan-YOURFLOORPLANGROUP.png
3. add all the items you want on the flooplant to the YOURFLOORPLANGROUP
4. open the url
http://misterhouseurl:8080/ia7/#path=/floorplan?YOURFLOORPLANGROUP&show_pos
5. position the items
6. copy the generated code to one of your usercode files, keep in mind
that the items have to be created before your positioning code is called.

Hope this helps

greetings
Tobi

Re: Do we have examples of floorplan for the new version of MH?

H Plato
Yup, the code is 'learn as you go' complex :)

I left in the modal as a long press since there are some additional functions not present in the pop-ups (log, access to all states via the advanced button).

I am still conflicted on the color choice. Seemed like green for 'unsecured' and red for 'secured' was more common, and i wanted to have consistency with the floorplan and the regular ia7 buttons.

With v1.1 color to state mappings are in the ia7_prefs (along with a new color -- purple for unknown).  I've created a separate ia7_v1.1 branch on my github that contains this update along with audio and notifications.

v1.2 has revamped the password system, and fixed a bunch of ia5 imported features (email, comics, the setup misterhouse sections).

Once this v1.2 is tested, i'll merge in your changes for v1.3.

Sent from my mobile device.