Quantcast

Custom IA7 pages with direct control?

rickerdo
I'm in the process of trying to create a few custom pages in IA7 using direct control (no pop-up) of Insteon based light objects. No matter what I do, the static HTML page I create will not allow direct control. However, the same object in "Browse All Lights" does allow direct control (no pop-up).

Any ideas why direct control works in an MH created page, but not my custom page? My custom page does show a heavier black border around the "Garage" button, but it still creates a pop-up when clicked, so I know the json is being parsed and is being applied.

The results are the same on both master and stable branches.

Thanks!

My code:
cat /home/mh/data/web/ia7_config.json
{
  "prefs" : {
     "header_button" : "yes",
     "state_log_show" : "yes",
     "state_log_entries" : "4",
     "always_double_buttons" : "yes",
     "fp_icon_size" : "32",
     "fp_state_popovers" : "yes",
     "substate_percentages" : "20",
     "disable_current_state" : "yes",
     "notifications" : "yes",
     "speech_default" : "banner"
  },

  "objects" : {
    "Garage" : {
      "direct_control" : "yes"
    }
  }
}

cat /home/mh/data/web/mypages/test2.shtml
    <button entity='Garage' class='btn btn-lg btn-block btn-list btn-popover btn-direct btn-state-cmd navbutton-padding btn-default'>Garageloading...</button>

<script> updateStaticPage(); </script>

Re: Custom IA7 pages with direct control?

H Plato
Good catch, the javascript routine for static pages doesn't have that component, just the modal. Should be an easy fix, I'll add it in.

Sent from my mobile device.

> On Oct 20, 2016, at 6:41 AM, rickerdo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm in the process of trying to create a few custom pages in IA7 using direct
> control (no pop-up) of Insteon based light objects. No matter what I do, the
> static HTML page I create will not allow direct control. However, the same
> object in "Browse All Lights" does allow direct control (no pop-up).
>
> Any ideas why direct control works in an MH created page, but not my custom
> page? My custom page does show a heavier black border around the "Garage"
> button, but it still creates a pop-up when clicked, so I know the json is
> being parsed and is being applied.
>
> The results are the same on both master and stable branches.
>
> Thanks!
>
> My code:
> cat /home/mh/data/web/ia7_config.json
> {
>  "prefs" : {
>     "header_button" : "yes",
>     "state_log_show" : "yes",
>     "state_log_entries" : "4",
>     "always_double_buttons" : "yes",
>     "fp_icon_size" : "32",
>     "fp_state_popovers" : "yes",
>     "substate_percentages" : "20",
>     "disable_current_state" : "yes",
>     "notifications" : "yes",
>     "speech_default" : "banner"
>  },
>
>  "objects" : {
>    "Garage" : {
>      "direct_control" : "yes"
>    }
>  }
> }
>

> cat /home/mh/data/web/mypages/test2.shtml
>    <button entity='Garage' class='btn btn-lg btn-block btn-list btn-popover
> btn-direct btn-state-cmd navbutton-padding
> btn-default'>Garageloading...</button>

Re: Custom IA7 pages with direct control?

rickerdo
Awesome! I wasn't sure if I was missing something.

Once the changes are in place, would a button require any class definitions? Would the following be enough static HTML since the "entity" is defined?

<script>
  updateStaticPage();
</script>

Thanks for the quick response!

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 10:01 AM, H Plato <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good catch, the javascript routine for static pages doesn't have that component, just the modal. Should be an easy fix, I'll add it in.

Sent from my mobile device.

> On Oct 20, 2016, at 6:41 AM, rickerdo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm in the process of trying to create a few custom pages in IA7 using direct
> control (no pop-up) of Insteon based light objects. No matter what I do, the
> static HTML page I create will not allow direct control. However, the same
> object in "Browse All Lights" does allow direct control (no pop-up).
>
> Any ideas why direct control works in an MH created page, but not my custom
> page? My custom page does show a heavier black border around the "Garage"
> button, but it still creates a pop-up when clicked, so I know the json is
> being parsed and is being applied.
>
> The results are the same on both master and stable branches.
>
> Thanks!
>
> My code:
> cat /home/mh/data/web/ia7_config.json
> {
>  "prefs" : {
>     "header_button" : "yes",
>     "state_log_show" : "yes",
>     "state_log_entries" : "4",
>     "always_double_buttons" : "yes",
>     "fp_icon_size" : "32",
>     "fp_state_popovers" : "yes",
>     "substate_percentages" : "20",
>     "disable_current_state" : "yes",
>     "notifications" : "yes",
>     "speech_default" : "banner"
>  },
>
>  "objects" : {
>    "Garage" : {
>      "direct_control" : "yes"
>    }
>  }
> }
>

> cat /home/mh/data/web/mypages/test2.shtml
>    <button entity='Garage' class='btn btn-lg btn-block btn-list btn-popover
> btn-direct btn-state-cmd navbutton-padding
> btn-default'>Garageloading...</button>

Re: Custom IA7 pages with direct control?

H Plato
OK, this now works in IA7 v1.3.600

You’ll need the direct_control entity definition in the ia7_config.json. and the btn-direct class to get the outline. I used this for my test purposes.

                <button entity='app1' class='btn btn-default btn-lg btn-list btn-block btn-state-cmd btn-direct navbutton-padding'>TestApp1<span class='pull-right'>loading...</span>
                </button>

 If would be great to get some testers of the new code. Merge in my ia7 branch (https://github.com/hplato/misterhouse)  and see if that change works for you.

On Oct 20, 2016, at 10:26 AM, Rick Reed <[hidden email]> wrote:

Awesome! I wasn't sure if I was missing something.

Once the changes are in place, would a button require any class definitions? Would the following be enough static HTML since the "entity" is defined?

<script>
  updateStaticPage();
</script>

Thanks for the quick response!

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 10:01 AM, H Plato <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good catch, the javascript routine for static pages doesn't have that component, just the modal. Should be an easy fix, I'll add it in.

Sent from my mobile device.

> On Oct 20, 2016, at 6:41 AM, rickerdo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm in the process of trying to create a few custom pages in IA7 using direct
> control (no pop-up) of Insteon based light objects. No matter what I do, the
> static HTML page I create will not allow direct control. However, the same
> object in "Browse All Lights" does allow direct control (no pop-up).
>
> Any ideas why direct control works in an MH created page, but not my custom
> page? My custom page does show a heavier black border around the "Garage"
> button, but it still creates a pop-up when clicked, so I know the json is
> being parsed and is being applied.
>
> The results are the same on both master and stable branches.
>
> Thanks!
>
> My code:
> cat /home/mh/data/web/ia7_config.json
> {
>  "prefs" : {
>     "header_button" : "yes",
>     "state_log_show" : "yes",
>     "state_log_entries" : "4",
>     "always_double_buttons" : "yes",
>     "fp_icon_size" : "32",
>     "fp_state_popovers" : "yes",
>     "substate_percentages" : "20",
>     "disable_current_state" : "yes",
>     "notifications" : "yes",
>     "speech_default" : "banner"
>  },
>
>  "objects" : {
>    "Garage" : {
>      "direct_control" : "yes"
>    }
>  }
> }
>

> cat /home/mh/data/web/mypages/test2.shtml
>    <button entity='Garage' class='btn btn-lg btn-block btn-list btn-popover
> btn-direct btn-state-cmd navbutton-padding
> btn-default'>Garageloading...</button>

Re: Custom IA7 pages with direct control?

rickerdo
Thanks for the quick fix! I have confirmed that the functionality works as expected using your changes, but shouldn't "direct_control" : "yes" in ia7_config.json be enough to darken the border of the button? It seems somewhat redundant defining "direct_control" in ia7_config.json AND adding the "btn-direct" class to the button. The button still works directly even when "btn-direct" is omitted, the border just isn't darkened.

Unrelated to my initial question, but still somewhat on topic:
 - Is it possible to use bootstrap components, like a slider for instance, to control something like a light dimmer or a volume control? How would such a thing tie to a MH object in HTML?
 - If you have a MH item with several states, is it possible to have each state of that item be a separate direct control button? I have a specific use case where I would like to have each input of my AV receiver be a separate button on a custom page in order to reduce the number of button clicks.

NAML

Re: Custom IA7 pages with direct control?

H Plato
Good point, that’s a one-liner change, so I can add it.

Those are definitely possible. Depending on the implementation, sliders can be a challenge. Right now, the sliders work in the IOS home kit app and the MH integration. However each slider step generates a command to the MH http server. Sending several a second seems to overload the insteon interface.

You might be able to achieve that with multiple objects, and usercode that will adjust the other objects based on action. So if one button is ON, set the others to OFF.

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 7:47 PM, H Plato [via MisterHouse] <<a href="x-msg://138/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=21473&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> {
>  "prefs" : {
>     "header_button" : "yes",
>     "state_log_show" : "yes",
>     "state_log_entries" : "4",
>     "always_double_buttons" : "yes",
>     "fp_icon_size" : "32",
>     "fp_state_popovers" : "yes",
>     "substate_percentages" : "20",
>     "disable_current_state" : "yes",
>     "notifications" : "yes",
>     "speech_default" : "banner"
>  },
>
>  "objects" : {
>    "Garage" : {
>      "direct_control" : "yes"
>    }
>  }
> }
>

> cat /home/mh/data/web/mypages/test2.shtml
>    <button entity='Garage' class='btn btn-lg btn-block btn-list btn-popover
> btn-direct btn-state-cmd navbutton-padding

Sent from the Misterhouse - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: Custom IA7 pages with direct control?

rickerdo
I haven't noticed the one line change to remove the redundant requirements. Any plans to have these changes migrated into master?

Thanks!