Been a while, assistance needed

w4qed
Hello group,

 It has been quite a while and lost my MisterHouse configuration and all backups due to Lightning Strike. Took out 3 computers and 3 hard drives with them. Thought having things spread out would be enough. Duh! Anyway starting to get my new PI 3 back into my Home Automation and is the last thing to resolve. I am getting an error and not quite sure what it is telling me, nor am I sure what to do if I actually knew so any assistance would be appreciated:
 I am sure that Generic_Item.pm is necessary, not sure why it is telling me that at line 653 it should be commented. I had just downloaded the hollie-misterhouse-v3.1-0-g24b71a5.zip and installed it at /usr/local/mh my mh.private.ini is at ~/mh

Error on start up is:

Can't use 'defined(@array)' (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?) at /usr/local/mh/bin/../lib/Generic_Item.pm line 904.
Compilation failed in require at mh line 653.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at mh line 653.
mh rc=255
mh failed on startup ... will not restart
Thanks for your consideration and especially to anyone that helps me out. HIHI...

Ben ARS w4qed
http://w4qed.hamshack.info:8080/ RPi 2 Apache 2.4
http://w4qed.hamshack.info:8008/ same RPi 2 APRS
http://w4qed.hamshack,info:8086/ same RPi 2 MisterHouse when resolved
https://w4qed.wordpress.com/

Avast logo

Re: Been a while, assistance needed

Jeff Siddall
On 07/10/2016 12:19 PM, Benny D Miller Jr wrote:
> Can't use 'defined(@array)' (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)
> at /usr/local/mh/bin/../lib/Generic_Item.pm line 904.
> Compilation failed in require at mh line 653.

Assume you are running a recent version of MH and it is installed
correctly (ex: try starting MH without any of your code and make sure it
works) then anytime I see errors in well tested MH modules clike
Generic_Item.pm it invariably means my code is broken but the error
doesn't show up until somewhere else entirely unrelated in the code.

Start by looking for mis-matched brackets/braces etc.  Those a easy to
cause and sometimes difficult to find.

If you can't find that then make a backup of your code file(s) and start
removing them and restarting MH until you find the offending file.  Then
start removing sections from that file until it works.  Once you know
the offending section either go through it with a fine tooth comb or
delete it and re-write it from scratch -- reloading the code regularly
-- until you get it going.

It would be nice if MH wasn't so fragile that way but because of mashing
up all the code it is a tricky problem to solve.

Good luck!

Jeff