Quantcast

Barcodes and inventory

Seann Clark
All,

I have been working on trying to find a good fit for this, and I am
wondering, has anyone on the list done anything with inventory
management (Groceries, etc) with Misterhouse?

I do see barcode scripts, but I think they originate from the original
branch of MH, and doesn't appear to be updated (some still point to
Borders, which went the way of the dodo in 2012).

I really haven't found anything too great online, that would be a fit
for this either, but I also would like to avoid re-inventing the wheel
if others have a good solution.

Regards,
Seann

Re: Barcodes and inventory

Lieven Hollevoet
Administrator
Hello Seann,

I was originally planning to do so, but I did not continue this quest because the shop where we buy our food has a nifty application for your mobile phone. When a product is used, you scan the bar code with the smart phone and it is automatically added to your shopping list.

I don’t know if you would be able to do something with an Android phone + Tasker to recognize bar codes and to send them off to MisterHouse? Could be a way to integrate bar code reading witout having to buy new hardware…

Best regards,
 Lieven.

> Op 23 aug. 2016, om 17:57 heeft Seann <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:
>
> All,
>
> I have been working on trying to find a good fit for this, and I am
> wondering, has anyone on the list done anything with inventory
> management (Groceries, etc) with Misterhouse?
>
> I do see barcode scripts, but I think they originate from the original
> branch of MH, and doesn't appear to be updated (some still point to
> Borders, which went the way of the dodo in 2012).
>
> I really haven't found anything too great online, that would be a fit
> for this either, but I also would like to avoid re-inventing the wheel
> if others have a good solution.
>

> Regards,
> Seann

Re: Barcodes and inventory

Lieven Hollevoet
Administrator
Hello Seann,

it seem there is indeed a way to do so:

http://joaoapps.com/autobarcode/tutorial/ can detect bar codes.

With Tasker you can then generate a HTTP call to your MisterHouse installation to pass the info. See the example of Bruce on this list some time ago to send voice commands via the smarthphone to MisterHouse for more info on how to set this up.

Best regards,
 Lieven.