Quantcast

Announcement: Misterhouse v4.0 released

H Plato
Thanks to Lieven’s hard work, a new stable has been released on github. While there are lots of fixes and changes, the big reason for the major version increment is the new IA7 responsive interface. Thanks again to Kevin to developing the seed of this interface 2014/2015. While there is still work to do, it’s a huge step forward.

One other major change is that ‘perltidy’ has been run against the repository. This makes the code easier to read, but it means that almost every file has changed. For those of you running from master, you’ll need to update to ensure that future pull requests work properly.

Work can now start up for v4.1. I already have a few updates to add; audio & banners for IA7, and with Garry & Tim’s help, homekit support.

MH still is the best open-source home automation system out there. What else has support for zwave, insteon, xAP, nest, pushbullet, opensprinkler, X10, 1 wire,  homekit and the "LitterFree Automatic Flushing Cat Litter Box” :)

Misterhouse v4.0 at SourceForge?

Robert James Clay
On Wednesday, February 17, 2016 09:13:58 PM H Plato wrote:
> Thanks to Lieven’s hard work, a new stable has been released on github.
> While there are lots of fixes and changes, the big reason for the major
> version increment is the new IA7 responsive interface.

  Is an archive for the new version going be added to the File download
section [1] at the SourceForge project for Misterhouse?

Jame

[1] https://sourceforge.net/projects/misterhouse/files/misterhouse/

Re: Misterhouse v4.0 at SourceForge?

Robert James Clay
Hi Lieven!

On Sunday, February 21, 2016 11:23:05 AM Lieven Hollevoet wrote:
> somebody with access to the sourceforge account should do so.

 Yes, and I believe H Plato noted who could take care of it...

> Maybe we should consider just making a link to the latest stable archive so
> that the link there is always up to date?
>
> That link is:
> https://github.com/hollie/misterhouse/archive/stable.zip

  Yes, & if nothing else; add that to the copy of the README.md file at the top
level directory of https://sourceforge.net/projects/misterhouse/files/.

Jame

Re: Misterhouse v4.0 at SourceForge?

Lieven Hollevoet
Administrator
Hi everybody,

I’ve tried to update the sourceforge page, added the new screenshots and release files for v4.1.
I’ve even setup auto-sync with github for next releases :-)

However: for the life of me I cannot get the badge on top of the sourceforge page to link to the new release file I added. It remains on v3.1.

So if a sourceforge-expert would like help a hand I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks!
 Lieven.

On Thursday, February 25, 2016 03:03:45 PM Lieven Hollevoet wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I’ve tried to update the sourceforge page, added the new screenshots and
> release files for v4.1. I’ve even setup auto-sync with github for next
> releases :-)

  Glad to see it!

> However: for the life of me I cannot get the badge on top of the sourceforge
> page to link to the new release file I added. It remains on v3.1.

  While logged in;  click on the info symbol ("View details") to the right of
file archive as listed on the page,  then set the 'Default Download for:" as
necessary, then click on "Save".

Jame

Re: Misterhouse v4.0 at SourceForge?

Robert James Clay
On Thursday, February 25, 2016 03:03:45 PM Lieven Hollevoet wrote:
> I’ve tried to update the sourceforge page, added the new screenshots and
> release files for v4.1. ....

> > Op 22 feb. 2016, om 00:10 heeft Robert James Clay <[hidden email]> het
> > On Sunday, February 21, 2016 11:23:05 AM Lieven Hollevoet wrote:
> >
> >> Maybe we should consider just making a link to the latest stable archive
> >> so that the link there is always up to date?
> >>
> >> That link is:
> >> https://github.com/hollie/misterhouse/archive/stable.zip

   There's also the 'Downloads' page at http://misterhouse.sourceforge.net/,
which could also use adding the URL for the  stable version link, if not also
being updated for v4.0 and v4.1.

Jame