Quantcast

Announcement: 4.2 Released!

H Plato
It's been a little over a year, and there's been a surprising amount of updates, enhancements, and new features added to MH! Looking at the pull requests, I figure about 107 commits were included in this release.

Release Highlights (from what I gathered from the commits)
  • Integration with 2 major voice control systems, Alexa & Siri
  • "Continuous Integration" when submitting pull requests to catch errors quickly
  • IA7 v1.3 Changes
    • Scheduler – click developer mode. Add a cron-like trigger right on the IA7 Model. See Schedule.PM for more advanced usage.
    • Push Notifications and browser audio
    • Object Logger - see the entire history of device changes.
    • Updated floorplan -- developer mode allows interactive placement. Still some placement issues however
    • Support for RRDTool 1.5.1+
    • Authentication - colored gear, and a dynamic log in/out button
    • IA7ized a bunch of IA5 stuff. Triggers, comics, email,
    • Purple button for unknown state (ia7_config state_colors allows for color overrides)
    • Support for $config_parms in the collections.json
    • Logging issues or errors to the print log when parsing collections.json
    • View the ia7_config and rrd_config on the about mr.house page.
  • New Modules added
    • Doorbird
    • mysensors
    • evapotranspiration
    • scheduler
    • Ecobee3
    • Pushsafer
    • DSC
    • Insteon ezio8sa
    • WGL rain8Net
  • Updated Modules
    • Razberry
    • Venstar Colortouch
    • PLCBus
    • Philips Hue
    • Clipsal CBus
    • Pushover
    • Harmon
    • OmniStat
    • Davis AdvantageProII
    • UPB
    • Wink
  • ...and various system enhancements / bugfixes

For more details, I've updated the Changelog/Release Notes which can be read here

Thanks again to Lieven for his excellent documentation of the release process!

Re: Announcement: 4.2 Released!

Serge Martel (smartel)

Great work on that release !

I just upgraded and it was seamless,

I was running a test version of the rAaZberry.pm module, and I had to change my razberry definition in my .mht file from:

RAZBERRY_CONTROLLER,    ip_address, controller_name, group,  'push', options

RAZBERRY_CONTROLLER,    ip_address, controller_name, group,  push, options

To make it start, other than that, all was good!

Thanks to all contributors

Serge

Re: Announcement: 4.2 Released!

Jeff Siddall
On 03/15/2017 08:36 PM, H Plato wrote:
> It's been a little over a year, and there's been a surprising amount of
> updates, enhancements, and new features added to MH! Looking at the pull
> requests, I figure about 107 commits were included in this release.

Just wanted to report zero issues when I upgraded.  Thanks for the new
release!

Jeff