Animated face software?

Thomas Harding-2
I know I asked this several years ago, but maybe someone has seen something since. I would like something like a screensaver or a graphic program that lip syncs the PC sounds with an animated full screen face (preferably with a few selectable faces). Remember Max Headroom? I would prefer a female robot face since we call our MH installation "Rosie" (named after the robot on the Jetson's).

Anyone seen something like this?

Re: Animated face software?

Roussell, Terry

A company called “Haptek” had some cool stuff like this several years ago but I don’t know if they’re still around.

Terry

I know I asked this several years ago, but maybe someone has seen something since. I would like something like a screensaver or a graphic program that lip syncs the PC sounds with an animated full screen face (preferably with a few selectable faces). Remember Max Headroom? I would prefer a female robot face since we call our MH installation "Rosie" (named after the robot on the Jetson's).

Anyone seen something like this?

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or attorney work product.  Any unauthorized review; usage, reliance, disclosure or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete and destroy all copies of the original message.  Thank You.

Re: Animated face software?

Thomas Harding-2
Looks very promising, but the KATE download links do not work :(
[...]

ricks03
What about

http://www.imagineerieing.com/mirror.html

Rick

Thomas Harding-2 wrote
I know I asked this several years ago, but maybe someone has seen something since. I would like something like a screensaver or a graphic program that lip syncs the PC sounds with an animated full screen face (preferably with a few selectable faces). Remember Max Headroom? I would prefer a female robot face since we call our MH installation "Rosie" (named after the robot on the Jetson's).

Anyone seen something like this?

Re: Animated face software?

Thomas Harding-2
This looks very promising. I can't wait to try it on my MH box. It looks
good on my laptop, but the audio console in the program will not come up to
try out audio activation. Probably something related to Vista. But my MH box
is running XP and maybe that will work correctly. I just wish you could
change the face, but it is a start!

>> I know I asked this several years ago, but maybe someone has seen
>> something since. I would like something like a screensaver or a graphic
>> program that lip syncs the PC sounds with an animated full screen face
>> (preferably with a few selectable faces). Remember Max Headroom? I would
>> prefer a female robot face since we call our MH installation "Rosie"
>> (named after the robot on the Jetson's).
>>
>> Anyone seen something like this?
> 1/29/2008 10:20 PM

Re: Animated face software?

Brad Yarotsky-2
I was unable to start the audio console as well on my XP laptop.

Brad

> This looks very promising. I can't wait to try it on my MH box. It looks
> good on my laptop, but the audio console in the program will not come up
> try out audio activation. Probably something related to Vista. But my MH
> box
> is running XP and maybe that will work correctly. I just wish you could
> change the face, but it is a start!

Re: Animated face software?

Thomas Harding-2
Apparently the windows version is not fully functional. Just when I thought
MH would have a face.....

>I was unable to start the audio console as well on my XP laptop.
>

> Brad
>
>> This looks very promising. I can't wait to try it on my MH box. It looks
>> good on my laptop, but the audio console in the program will not come up
>> try out audio activation. Probably something related to Vista. But my MH
>> box
>> is running XP and maybe that will work correctly. I just wish you could
>> change the face, but it is a start!

Re: Animated face software?

ricks03

Well, it looks like it does have a record function. Could you record
the "standard" annoucements, and then have MH issue a playback?

At 09:37 AM 1/30/2008, Brad Yarotsky wrote:

>I was unable to start the audio console as well on my XP laptop.
>

>Brad
>
> > This looks very promising. I can't wait to try it on my MH box. It looks
> > good on my laptop, but the audio console in the program will not come up
> > try out audio activation. Probably something related to Vista. But my MH
> > box
> > is running XP and maybe that will work correctly. I just wish you could
> > change the face, but it is a start!

Rick Steeves
[hidden email] http://www.sinister.net

A bicycle sails aim-irelandbybicycle
On an ocean of freedom yahoo-ricksteeves
I am the captain [hidden email]

Re: Animated face software?

Thomas Harding-2
I am not able to get any audio functions to work. Only the puppet function
(manually hit the alt key to get the mouth to open).

> Well, it looks like it does have a record function. Could you record
> the "standard" annoucements, and then have MH issue a playback?
>
> At 09:37 AM 1/30/2008, Brad Yarotsky wrote:
>>I was unable to start the audio console as well on my XP laptop.
>>

>>Brad
>>
>> > This looks very promising. I can't wait to try it on my MH box. It
>> > looks
>> > good on my laptop, but the audio console in the program will not come
>> > up
>> > try out audio activation. Probably something related to Vista. But my
>> > MH
>> > box
>> > is running XP and maybe that will work correctly. I just wish you could
>> > change the face, but it is a start!

Re: Animated face software?

biggus
I could get it to play a wav file, but the mouth didn't move.  It
would only play the first 2 or 3 seconds of an mp3.  Cool idea for
sftware, though.  Built in Marcomedia/Adobe Director using the fft
xtra.  I had some TTS and animated face sync code in Director way
back when.  If I get the gumption, I'll dig it out and see if I can
revitalize it.

Mike

--- In [hidden email], "Thomas Harding"
<thomasharding@...> wrote:

> I am not able to get any audio functions to work. Only the puppet
function

> (manually hit the alt key to get the mouth to open).

Nabble.com.

Date:

> > Rick Steeves
> > rick@... http://www.sinister.net
> >
> > A bicycle sails aim-irelandbybicycle
> > On an ocean of freedom yahoo-ricksteeves
> > I am the captain msn-msdn@...

> > 1/29/2008 10:20 PM

Re: Animated face software?

Eragone
Talking face or taking person as seen in this ad:

http://ad.netcrefer.net/servecs?atype=p0