Android on Audrey or EPods

biggus
has anyone tried putting Android on their Audrey or EPods?  It would be nice to have a more modern OS on them. (I have one of each)

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Android on Audrey or EPods

Sean Mathews-2

 The kernel for the android phones are based upon specific hardware and would likely not be compatible with the Audrey so kernel configurations would be needed. Were they ever published?

 The boot process is likely very similar but the physical boot rom portion would have to be known or understood to properly build the nand filesystem and have the boot rom know where to start executing.

 If enough information exists then it would be possible. The beagleboard is an open platform where this information is available to start such a project. Symbian and Android are currently ported AFAIK.

 Also graphics hardware may be an issue. I am not sure what method the Android uses to talk to the display. I think that the Audrey uses a standard X windows driver maybe even the direct rendering driver.

http://beagleboard.org/

Re
Sean M

gveloce
Me too!
But I doubt their processors are supported....

GV

has anyone tried putting Android on their Audrey or EPods?  It would be nice to have a more modern OS on them. (I have one of each)

Thanks,
Mike

test 1 2

gveloce
Hello
is this list alive??
GV

Re: test 1 2

Eloy Paris
On 10/12/2012 03:48 PM, Gianni Veloce wrote:

> Hello
> is this list alive??

Definitely.

Cheers,

Eloy Paris.-

Re: test 1 2

jimbo108
Yes

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Gianni Veloce <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello
is this list alive??
GV