Android app refresh

Craig Lindholm

I Love having the Android app read my weather forecast, announcing when the kids get home, and letting me know where they are when I ask.

One issue I have is that when I switch networks from wifi (home,work,Starbucks,etc) to mobile, the Android app loses connection with MH until I manually open it and reconnect by setting the Test notification, or test speak, etc.

Is there a way to:
1) use an app like "Automate" or "Tasker" to reconnect or
2) get the Android app to periodically reconnect.

Craig

Sent from my email program

Re: Android app refresh

Jim Duda
Administrator
Hi Craig,

I would love to make this work.
I'm going to need some help from you and/or others.

Believe it or not, I don't have a data plan!
By choice actually.
I'm afraid to get addicted to me phone and lose connection with reality.
I'll end the discussion there :-)

That being said, I only use the MH app over WIFI.
I can tell you that it automatically reconnects when losing and rediscovering WIFI, as that happens to me all day long.
There is a timer in the android application which attempts to reconnect when connection is lost.
I'm trying to understand why switching between WIFI and mobile would be different ....

Do you use the SSH feature?

Are you comfortable with Android Debugging?

Regards,

Jim

On 04/17/2016 11:49 AM, Craig Lindholm wrote:

> I Love having the Android app read my weather forecast, announcing when the kids get home, and letting me know where they are when I ask.
>
> One issue I have is that when I switch networks from wifi (home,work,Starbucks,etc) to mobile, the Android app loses connection with MH until I manually open it and reconnect by setting the Test notification, or test speak, etc.
>
> Is there a way to:
> 1) use an app like "Automate" or "Tasker" to reconnect or
> 2) get the Android app to periodically reconnect.
>
> Craig
>
> Sent from my email program

Re: Android app refresh

Craig Lindholm
Hi Jim.

I will try and get you some more info soon on what is happening to my connections. It probably won't be this week as my wife is in Japan and I have 2 kids in 5 sports!

Craig

On April 24, 2016, at 3:03 PM, Jim Duda <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Craig,

I would love to make this work.
I'm going to need some help from you and/or others.

Believe it or not, I don't have a data plan!
By choice actually.
I'm afraid to get addicted to me phone and lose connection with reality.
I'll end the discussion there :-)

That being said, I only use the MH app over WIFI.
I can tell you that it automatically reconnects when losing and rediscovering WIFI, as that happens to me all day long.
There is a timer in the android application which attempts to reconnect when connection is lost.
I'm trying to understand why switching between WIFI and mobile would be different ....

Do you use the SSH feature?

Are you comfortable with Android Debugging?

Regards,

Jim

On 04/17/2016 11:49 AM, Craig Lindholm wrote:

> I Love having the Android app read my weather forecast, announcing when the kids get home, and letting me know where they are when I ask.
>
> One issue I have is that when I switch networks from wifi (home,work,Starbucks,etc) to mobile, the Android app loses connection with MH until I manually open it and reconnect by setting the Test notification, or test speak, etc.
>
> Is there a way to:
> 1) use an app like "Automate" or "Tasker" to reconnect or
> 2) get the Android app to periodically reconnect.
>
> Craig
>
> Sent from my email program

Re: Android app refresh

Jim Duda
Administrator
Craig,

It would be helpful if you could just report which version of the android app you are running.
Settings->about.
The latest version is 1.5.7

To be honest, I haven't had the audio enabled on my phone in quite some time.
I turned it back on today to do some testing and I did have a problem in my transition from home to work today.
So, it's possible I broke something in the last 1 or 2 releases.
I am investigating to see if there is an issue in must moving from WIFI to WIFI.

Regards,
Jim

On 04/25/2016 01:17 AM, Craig Lindholm wrote:

> Hi Jim.
>
> I will try and get you some more info soon on what is happening to my connections. It probably won't be this week as my wife is in Japan and I have 2 kids in 5 sports!
>
> Craig
>
> On April 24, 2016, at 3:03 PM, Jim Duda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Craig,
>
> I would love to make this work.
> I'm going to need some help from you and/or others.
>
> Believe it or not, I don't have a data plan!
> By choice actually.
> I'm afraid to get addicted to me phone and lose connection with reality.
> I'll end the discussion there :-)
>
> That being said, I only use the MH app over WIFI.
> I can tell you that it automatically reconnects when losing and rediscovering WIFI, as that happens to me all day long.
> There is a timer in the android application which attempts to reconnect when connection is lost.
> I'm trying to understand why switching between WIFI and mobile would be different ....
>
> Do you use the SSH feature?
>
> Are you comfortable with Android Debugging?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jim
>

> On 04/17/2016 11:49 AM, Craig Lindholm wrote:
>> I Love having the Android app read my weather forecast, announcing when the kids get home, and letting me know where they are when I ask.
>>
>> One issue I have is that when I switch networks from wifi (home,work,Starbucks,etc) to mobile, the Android app loses connection with MH until I manually open it and reconnect by setting the Test notification, or test speak, etc.
>>
>> Is there a way to:
>> 1) use an app like "Automate" or "Tasker" to reconnect or
>> 2) get the Android app to periodically reconnect.
>>
>> Craig
>>
>> Sent from my email program

Re: Android app refresh

dbemowsk
Jim,

Not sure that this is what Craig is talking about, but for me I have 2 connections set up in the app.  One is for when I am on my home wifi connection (local), and the other is when I amout and about be it in my car on my cellular data plan or on the wifi at the local restaurant (remote).  The issue for me is that when at home, I have to connect to my MH server using it's IP address and port.  When I am out and about, I have to connect with the remote connection which uses my dynamic DNS/subdomain name that I have set up for my house which I have port forwarded to my MH server on port 8443 using SSH.  If I am at home and try to use my home.bemowski.info:8443 connection, the router does not see that as an outside connection coming in, and the handshake is lost.  That is why when I am at home I have to switch to my local connection that I have set up.

It would be nice if the app would loop through connections to see if one of them can establish a connection, and if it finds one, select that one as active.  If connection is lost, then attempt a rescan of the connections.

My 2 cents

Thanks

On Sun, 2016-04-24 at 17:59 -0400, Jim Duda wrote:
Hi Craig,

I would love to make this work.
I'm going to need some help from you and/or others.

Believe it or not, I don't have a data plan!
By choice actually.
I'm afraid to get addicted to me phone and lose connection with reality.
I'll end the discussion there :-)

That being said, I only use the MH app over WIFI.
I can tell you that it automatically reconnects when losing and rediscovering WIFI, as that happens to me all day long.
There is a timer in the android application which attempts to reconnect when connection is lost.
I'm trying to understand why switching between WIFI and mobile would be different ....

Do you use the SSH feature?

Are you comfortable with Android Debugging?

Regards,

Jim

On 04/17/2016 11:49 AM, Craig Lindholm wrote:
I Love having the Android app read my weather forecast, announcing when the kids get home, and letting me know where they are when I ask. One issue I have is that when I switch networks from wifi (home,work,Starbucks,etc) to mobile, the Android app loses connection with MH until I manually open it and reconnect by setting the Test notification, or test speak, etc. Is there a way to: 1) use an app like "Automate" or "Tasker" to reconnect or 2) get the Android app to periodically reconnect. Craig Sent from my email program ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Find and fix application performance issues faster with Applications Manager Applications Manager provides deep performance insights into multiple tiers of your business applications. It resolves application problems quickly and reduces your MTTR. Get your free trial! https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/302982198;130105516;z ________________________________________________________ To unsubscribe from this list, go to: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/misterhouse-users
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Find and fix application performance issues faster with Applications Manager Applications Manager provides deep performance insights into multiple tiers of your business applications. It resolves application problems quickly and reduces your MTTR. Get your free trial! https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/302982198;130105516;z ________________________________________________________ To unsubscribe from this list, go to: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/misterhouse-users

Re: Android app refresh

Greg Moeller

I have a CCTV camera app on my iPhone (Blue Iris) and it includes entries for internal and external.

I think it just checks the phone's IP and if it's same subnet as internal, it uses the internal connection details.

Shouldn't be too hard a thing to code for, I don't think.

Greg

Re: Android app refresh

Craig Lindholm

That's pretty much it. I just use the one connection using my dynamic DNS with Port forwarding on the router. I use the same connection for mobile data and home wifi. What happens is that if I am at home and connect, everything is great. As soon as I leave the house, and switch to mobile data, I get no notifications unless I manually reconnect. When I go back home, my connection is still lost until I manually reconnect.

Jim. My version is 1.5.6.

Sent from my email program

On Apr 26, 2016 9:49 AM, "Dan Bemowski" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Dan,

I'm still stumped as to why you have to do this.
I too have a dynamic dns address, duda.tzo.com.
I only have the 1 connection setup, using duda.tzo.com.
The same connection works with the WIFI in my house as well has the WIFI outside (REMOTE).
When I ping duda.tzo.com inside my house, it resolves to the external dynamic IP address.
When I ssh to duda.tzo.com, from inside my house, it connects to my inside MH server behind the router/firewall.
I do however have a duda.tzo.com entry in my /etc/hosts of the MH server redirecting to the MH server (local IP 192.168.1.254), which also runs dnsmasq, which must make it all work.

I have discovered that at some point the SSH connection while outside (REMOTE) is no longer working.
I'm not exactly sure when that broke.
When outside, the app logs are telling me the SSH adapter in the app is getting a timeout.
I can however safely ssh to duda.tzo.com using a computer workstation.
I haven't figured out why SSH is busted yet.

Regards,

Jim

On 04/26/2016 12:44 AM, Dan Bemowski wrote:

> [...]
>>> I Love having the Android app read my weather forecast, announcing when the kids get home, and letting me know where they are when I ask. One issue I have is that when I switch networks from wifi (home,work,Starbucks,etc) to mobile, the Android app loses connection with MH until I manually open it and reconnect by setting the Test notification, or test speak, etc. Is there a way to: 1) use an app like "Automate" or "Tasker" to reconnect or 2) get the Android app to periodically reconnect. Craig Sent from my email program ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Find and fix application performance issues faster with Applications Manager Applications Manager provides deep performance insights into multiple tiers of your business applications. It resolves application problems quickly and reduces your MTTR. Get your free trial! https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/302982198;130105516;z

kent S
I can think of some things to check (kind of general network stuff, not
mh specific):

1. dns ttl, when you switch networks (internal vs. external) it may
cache the other value, and try to connect to the wrong IP causing a
timeout, it may not automatically retry.

2. you appear to come from a different IP when you switch, if the app or
mh is keeping a session table of some sort it won't match up any more
and need a restart or reconnect.

two ways I can see that may fix this:
1. have the app do some kind of heartbeat or keepalive, and do a
reconnect if it fails

2. wrangle it so you can access the external IP from inside your
network. you'll have a different source IP still (your external router
IP). This way may lie madness, but it may work.

On Tue, 2016-04-26 at 20:10 -0400, Jim Duda wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > My 2 cents
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > On Sun, 2016-04-24 at 17:59 -0400, Jim Duda wrote:
> >> Hi Craig,
> >>
> >> I would love to make this work.
> >> I'm going to need some help from you and/or others.
> >>
> >> Believe it or not, I don't have a data plan!
> >> By choice actually.
> >> I'm afraid to get addicted to me phone and lose connection with reality.
> >> I'll end the discussion there :-)
> >>
> >> That being said, I only use the MH app over WIFI.
> >> I can tell you that it automatically reconnects when losing and rediscovering WIFI, as that happens to me all day long.
> >> There is a timer in the android application which attempts to reconnect when connection is lost.
> >> I'm trying to understand why switching between WIFI and mobile would be different ....
> >>
> >> Do you use the SSH feature?
> >>
> >> Are you comfortable with Android Debugging?

I found this in the android_server.pl

# The android server socket listens for connection requests from android
devices.
# The server will authenticate with the android and remember them.  When
speak
# or play events are generated, or other events, these events are sent
back
# through the connections established.

if this is true, it is remembering your connection. username, password,
source IP, and source port, when you change networks, you look like a
different device, and need to re-authenticate. you need some code in the
app to detect when the ip changes and have it re-authenticate.

This may be older code, if you have changed this somehow, then ignore.

On Wed, 2016-04-27 at 13:12 -0500, kent S wrote:

> [...]
> > >
> > > It would be nice if the app would loop through connections to see if one of them can establish a connection, and if it finds one, select that one as active.  If connection is lost, then attempt a rescan of the connections.

ok, I'll stop after this one.

It looks like the android makes a request for a socket when it starts
up, the server authenticates the android and opens a socket. that socket
stays open until you close the app.

a socket doesn't care about DNS, only IP addresses and port numbers.
when you move networks your packets no longer match the socket and they
are denied.

I see two fixes.

1. make each communication open a new socket and then close it.
disadvantage is overhead

2. if you get a read or write failure on the socket, try again, if that
fails close the old socket and make a new one, then send the read or
write command on the new socket. disadvantage more error checking code
to write, advantage, more error checking!

*note, I have not read all the code, so some of this may be in place and
just not working quite right.

#2 is exactly what the app does.
It's in a loop.
If the socket fails, for many possible reasons, it shuts down the socket and reopens it.

I have confirmed that when I move from one WIFI zone to another, the app is indeed trying to reconnect.
I have somewhere along the way broken the SSH connection layer.
I need to find some time to debug it.

Regards,

Jim

On 04/27/2016 03:51 PM, kent S wrote:

> ok, I'll stop after this one.
>
> It looks like the android makes a request for a socket when it starts
> up, the server authenticates the android and opens a socket. that socket
> stays open until you close the app.
>
> a socket doesn't care about DNS, only IP addresses and port numbers.
> when you move networks your packets no longer match the socket and they
> are denied.
>
> I see two fixes.
>
> 1. make each communication open a new socket and then close it.
> disadvantage is overhead
>
> 2. if you get a read or write failure on the socket, try again, if that
> fails close the old socket and make a new one, then send the read or
> write command on the new socket. disadvantage more error checking code
> to write, advantage, more error checking!
>
> *note, I have not read all the code, so some of this may be in place and
> just not working quite right.
>

> On Wed, 2016-04-27 at 14:10 -0500, kent S wrote:
>> I found this in the android_server.pl
>>
>> # The android server socket listens for connection requests from android
>> devices.
>> # The server will authenticate with the android and remember them.  When
>> speak
>> # or play events are generated, or other events, these events are sent
>> back
>> # through the connections established.
>>

>> if this is true, it is remembering your connection. username, password,
>> source IP, and source port, when you change networks, you look like a
>> different device, and need to re-authenticate. you need some code in the
>> app to detect when the ip changes and have it re-authenticate.
>>

>> This may be older code, if you have changed this somehow, then ignore.
>>

>> On Wed, 2016-04-27 at 13:12 -0500, kent S wrote:
>>> I can think of some things to check (kind of general network stuff, not
>>> mh specific):
>>>
>>> 1. dns ttl, when you switch networks (internal vs. external) it may
>>> cache the other value, and try to connect to the wrong IP causing a
>>> timeout, it may not automatically retry.
>>>
>>> 2. you appear to come from a different IP when you switch, if the app or
>>> mh is keeping a session table of some sort it won't match up any more
>>> and need a restart or reconnect.
>>>
>>> two ways I can see that may fix this:
>>> 1. have the app do some kind of heartbeat or keepalive, and do a
>>> reconnect if it fails
>>>
>>> 2. wrangle it so you can access the external IP from inside your
>>> network. you'll have a different source IP still (your external router
>>> IP). This way may lie madness, but it may work.

>   m at home I have to switch to my local connection that I have set up.

Re: Android app refresh

dbemowsk
My guess then is that it is an issue with my router or it's configuration.  When I attempt to connect to my dynamic DNS, it DOES resolve to my router's outside IP address, but for some reason the router treats that as an internal connection as if it came from my home network.

I am probably due for an upgrade on my home network anyway.  I may try to get a new home router.  Before I do though I may check for a firmware upgrade.

Dan

[...]

My issue is not android specific.  this happens on my desktop also on a wired connection to my hopme network.  This is why I now think it is the router.

Dan

Re: Android app refresh

Wayne Gatlin
I have an internal DNS server where I direct all the DNS entries I use
externally to the internal IPs. I use the same DNS entry for the MH
app externally (dynamically points to my external ip) and internally
(points to the internal IP of the MH server). This has been working
perfectly with the MH app without any changes to the settings until I
upgraded the app from 1.5.6 to 1.5.7 a few days ago. After the upgrade
the app now continues to try to connect to the external IP even when I
am connected to WIFI and my internal DNS server is being used. I had
to make a new connection using the internal IP directly and manually
switch it when I am on my home WIFI.

So it seems that what ever changed from 1.5.6 to 1.5.7 caused the app
to cache the IP that was resolved and never do a lookup on it again.

-Wayne

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 9:29 AM, Dan Bemowski
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Are you comfortable with Android Debugging?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jim
>

> On 04/17/2016 11:49 AM, Craig Lindholm wrote:
>
> I Love having the Android app read my weather forecast, announcing when the
> kids get home, and letting me know where they are when I ask. One issue I
> have is that when I switch networks from wifi (home,work,Starbucks,etc) to
> mobile, the Android app loses connection with MH until I manually open it
> and reconnect by setting the Test notification, or test speak, etc. Is there
> a way to: 1) use an app like "Automate" or "Tasker" to reconnect or 2) get
> the Android app to periodically reconnect. Craig Sent from my email program
> Applications Manager provides deep performance insights into multiple tiers
> of your business applications.
>

>   It resolves application problems quickly and reduces your MTTR. Get your

Hah! Since this thread started, it's been flawless! I was going to do some troubleshooting on the weekend but my sd card on the Raspberry PI died so I need to fix that first!

Sent from my email program

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]
>
> Are you comfortable with Android Debugging?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jim
>

> On 04/17/2016 11:49 AM, Craig Lindholm wrote:
>
> I Love having the Android app read my weather forecast, announcing when the
> kids get home, and letting me know where they are when I ask. One issue I
> have is that when I switch networks from wifi (home,work,Starbucks,etc) to
> mobile, the Android app loses connection with MH until I manually open it
> and reconnect by setting the Test notification, or test speak, etc. Is there
> a way to: 1) use an app like "Automate" or "Tasker" to reconnect or 2) get
> the Android app to periodically reconnect. Craig Sent from my email program
> Applications Manager provides deep performance insights into multiple tiers
> of your business applications.
>

>   It resolves application problems quickly and reduces your MTTR. Get your

Wayne,

Thank you for that information.
I will try and determine what I changed between 1.5.6 and 1.5.7.

Regards,
Jim

On 05/04/2016 09:20 AM, Wayne Gatlin wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> Jim
>>

>> On 04/17/2016 11:49 AM, Craig Lindholm wrote:
>>
>> I Love having the Android app read my weather forecast, announcing when the
>> kids get home, and letting me know where they are when I ask. One issue I
>> have is that when I switch networks from wifi (home,work,Starbucks,etc) to
>> mobile, the Android app loses connection with MH until I manually open it
>> and reconnect by setting the Test notification, or test speak, etc. Is there
>> a way to: 1) use an app like "Automate" or "Tasker" to reconnect or 2) get
>> the Android app to periodically reconnect. Craig Sent from my email program
>> Find and fix application performance issues faster with Applications Manager
>> Applications Manager provides deep performance insights into multiple tiers
>> of your business applications.
>>

>>    It resolves application problems quickly and reduces your MTTR. Get your

I cannot find anything obvious in changes from 1.5.6 to 1.5.7 to explain this.
I also attempted to downgrade to 1.5.6 and I'm still having the same problem.
I don't have the same experience that Dan reports.

I did stumble on this:
https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=8030

This seems to imply there is something odd going on with Android itself in resolving host names in java.
I have tried replacing my dynamic dns host name with the current IP address to avoid the name resolution.
I will see if this works better as I change WIFI sites.
Can others try this too?

Thanks,

Jim

On 05/15/2016 11:53 AM, Jim Duda wrote:

> [...]
>>>
>>> Jim
>>>

>>> On 04/17/2016 11:49 AM, Craig Lindholm wrote:
>>>
>>> I Love having the Android app read my weather forecast, announcing when the
>>> kids get home, and letting me know where they are when I ask. One issue I
>>> have is that when I switch networks from wifi (home,work,Starbucks,etc) to
>>> mobile, the Android app loses connection with MH until I manually open it
>>> and reconnect by setting the Test notification, or test speak, etc. Is there
>>> a way to: 1) use an app like "Automate" or "Tasker" to reconnect or 2) get
>>> the Android app to periodically reconnect. Craig Sent from my email program
>>> Find and fix application performance issues faster with Applications Manager
>>> Applications Manager provides deep performance insights into multiple tiers
>>> of your business applications.
>>>

>>>     It resolves application problems quickly and reduces your MTTR. Get your

As mentioned in a previous post.  My problem may be due to my router config.  Haven't had a lot of time to look into it though.

Dan

On Mon, 2016-05-16 at 20:55 -0400, Jim Duda wrote:
[...]

My issue is not android specific. this happens on my desktop also on a wired connection to my hopme network. This is why I now think it is the router. Dan On Wed, 2016-04-27 at 23:00 -0400, Jim Duda wrote: #2 is exactly what the app does. It's in a loop. If the socket fails, for many possible reasons, it shuts down the socket and reopens it. I have confirmed that when I move from one WIFI zone to another, the app is indeed trying to reconnect. I have somewhere along the way broken the SSH connection layer. I need to find some time to debug it. Regards, Jim On 04/27/2016 03:51 PM, kent S wrote: ok, I'll stop after this one. It looks like the android makes a request for a socket when it starts up, the server authenticates the android and opens a socket. that socket stays open until you close the app. a socket doesn't care about DNS, only IP addresses and port numbers. when you move networks your packets no longer match the socket and they are denied. I see two fixes. 1. make each communication open a new socket and then close it. disadvantage is overhead 2. if you get a read or write failure on the socket, try again, if that fails close the old socket and make a new one, then send the read or write command on the new socket. disadvantage more error checking code to write, advantage, more error checking! *note, I have not read all the code, so some of this may be in place and just not working quite right. On Wed, 2016-04-27 at 14:10 -0500, kent S wrote: I found this in the android_server.pl # The android server socket listens for connection requests from android devices. # The server will authenticate with the android and remember them. When speak # or play events are generated, or other events, these events are sent back # through the connections established. if this is true, it is remembering your connection. username, password, source IP, and source port, when you change networks, you look like a different device, and need to re-authenticate. you need some code in the app to detect when the ip changes and have it re-authenticate. This may be older code, if you have changed this somehow, then ignore. On Wed, 2016-04-27 at 13:12 -0500, kent S wrote: I can think of some things to check (kind of general network stuff, not mh specific): 1. dns ttl, when you switch networks (internal vs. external) it may cache the other value, and try to connect to the wrong IP causing a timeout, it may not automatically retry. 2. you appear to come from a different IP when you switch, if the app or mh is keeping a session table of some sort it won't match up any more and need a restart or reconnect. two ways I can see that may fix this: 1. have the app do some kind of heartbeat or keepalive, and do a reconnect if it fails 2. wrangle it so you can access the external IP from inside your network. you'll have a different source IP still (your external router IP). This way may lie madness, but it may work. On Tue, 2016-04-26 at 20:10 -0400, Jim Duda wrote: Hi Dan, I'm still stumped as to why you have to do this. I too have a dynamic dns address, duda.tzo.com. I only have the 1 connection setup, using duda.tzo.com. The same connection works with the WIFI in my house as well has the WIFI outside (REMOTE). When I ping duda.tzo.com inside my house, it resolves to the external dynamic IP address. When I ssh to duda.tzo.com, from inside my house, it connects to my inside MH server behind the router/firewall. I do however have a duda.tzo.com entry in my /etc/hosts of the MH server redirecting to the MH server (local IP 192.168.1.254), which also runs dnsmasq, which must make it all work. I have discovered that at some point the SSH connection while outside (REMOTE) is no longer working. I'm not exactly sure when that broke. When outside, the app logs are telling me the SSH adapter in the app is getting a timeout. I can however safely ssh to duda.tzo.com using a computer workstation. I haven't figured out why SSH is busted yet. Regards, Jim On 04/26/2016 12:44 AM, Dan Bemowski wrote: Jim, Not sure that this is what Craig is talking about, but for me I have 2 connections set up in the app. One is for when I am on my home wifi connection (local), and the other is when I amout and about be it in my car on my cellular data plan or on the wifi at the local restaurant (remote). The issue for me is that when at home, I have to connect to my MH server using it's IP address and port. When I am out and about, I have to connect with the remote connection which uses my dynamic DNS/subdomain name that I have set up for my house which I have port forwarded to my MH server on port 8443 using SSH. If I am at home and try to use my home.bemowski.info:8443 connection, the router does not see that as an outside connection coming in, and the handshake is lost. That is why when I a m at home I have to switch to my local connection that I have set up. It would be nice if the app would loop through connections to see if one of them can establish a connection, and if it finds one, select that one as active. If connection is lost, then attempt a rescan of the connections. My 2 cents Thanks On Sun, 2016-04-24 at 17:59 -0400, Jim Duda wrote: Hi Craig, I would love to make this work. I'm going to need some help from you and/or others. Believe it or not, I don't have a data plan! By choice actually. I'm afraid to get addicted to me phone and lose connection with reality. I'll end the discussion there :-) That being said, I only use the MH app over WIFI. I can tell you that it automatically reconnects when losing and rediscovering WIFI, as that happens to me all day long. There is a timer in the android application which attempts to reconnect when connection is lost. I'm trying to understand why switching between WIFI and mobile would be different .... Do you use the SSH feature? Are you comfortable with Android Debugging? Regards, Jim On 04/17/2016 11:49 AM, Craig Lindholm wrote: I Love having the Android app read my weather forecast, announcing when the kids get home, and letting me know where they are when I ask. One issue I have is that when I switch networks from wifi (home,work,Starbucks,etc) to mobile, the Android app loses connection with MH until I manually open it and reconnect by setting the Test notification, or test speak, etc. Is there a way to: 1) use an app like "Automate" or "Tasker" to reconnect or 2) get the Android app to periodically reconnect. Craig Sent from my email program ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Find and fix application performance issues faster with Applications Manager Applications Manager provides deep performance insights into multiple tiers of your business applications. It resolves application problems quickly and reduces your MTTR. Get your free trial! https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/302982198;130105516;z ________________________________________________________ To unsubscribe from this list, go to: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/misterhouse-users ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Find and fix application performance issues faster with Applications Manager Applications Manager provides deep performance insights into multiple tiers of your business applications. It resolves application problems quickly and reduces your MTTR. Get your free trial! https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/302982198;130105516;z ________________________________________________________ To unsubscribe from this list, go to:https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/misterhouse-users ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Find and fix application performance issues faster with Applications Manager Applications Manager provides deep performance insights into multiple tiers of your business applications. It resolves application problems quickly and reduces your MTTR. Get your free trial! https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/302982198;130105516;z ________________________________________________________ To unsubscribe from this list, go to: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/misterhouse-users ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Find and fix application performance issues faster with Applications Manager Applications Manager provides deep performance insights into multiple tiers of your business applications. It resolves application problems quickly and reduces your MTTR. Get your free trial! https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/302982198;130105516;z ________________________________________________________ To unsubscribe from this list, go to: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/misterhouse-users ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Find and fix application performance issues faster with Applications Manager Applications Manager provides deep performance insights into multiple tiers of your business applications. It resolves application problems quickly and reduces your MTTR. Get your free trial! https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/302982198;130105516;z ________________________________________________________ To unsubscribe from this list, go to: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/misterhouse-users ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Find and fix application performance issues faster with Applications Manager Applications Manager provides deep performance insights into multiple tiers of your business applications. It resolves application problems quickly and reduces your MTTR. Get your free trial! https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/302982198;130105516;z ________________________________________________________ To unsubscribe from this list, go to: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/misterhouse-users ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Find and fix application performance issues faster with Applications Manager Applications Manager provides deep performance insights into multiple tiers of your business applications. It resolves application problems quickly and reduces your MTTR. Get your free trial! https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/302982198;130105516;z ________________________________________________________ To unsubscribe from this list, go to: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/misterhouse-users ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Find and fix application performance issues faster with Applications Manager Applications Manager provides deep performance insights into multiple tiers of your business applications. It resolves application problems quickly and reduces your MTTR. Get your free trial! https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/302982198;130105516;z ________________________________________________________ To unsubscribe from this list, go to: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/misterhouse-users ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Find and fix application performance issues faster with Applications Manager Applications Manager provides deep performance insights into multiple tiers of your business applications. It resolves application problems quickly and reduces your MTTR. Get your free trial! https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/302982198;130105516;z ________________________________________________________ To unsubscribe from this list, go to: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/misterhouse-users
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Mobile security can be enabling, not merely restricting. Employees who bring their own devices (BYOD) to work are irked by the imposition of MDM restrictions. Mobile Device Manager Plus allows you to control only the apps on BYO-devices by containerizing them, leaving personal data untouched! https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/304595813;131938128;j ________________________________________________________ To unsubscribe from this list, go to: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/misterhouse-users