Add a garage door button to web GUI

Michelle Dupuis-2

I'm running the IA7 gui, and have my garage door buttons (triggers) hooked up to relays on a weeder relay board.  I can control the doors programatically, but would now like to add a button to the IA7 gui, to open/close the door.  How would I do that?

Re: Add a garage door button to web GUI

H Plato
I don’t know how the weeder works. IA7 just executes the following URL:

if the weeder relies on a custom method, another idea might be to ‘front end’ it with a generic item and then tie the generic item’s states to whatever code you need to trigger the code

so something like

$garage_door = new Generic_Item;
$garage_door -> set_states(‘open’, ‘closed’);
$garage_door -> tie_event(‘$weeder->relay_1_on()’, open);
$garage_door -> tie_event(‘$weeder->relay_1_off()’, closed);

(I’m not sure about the tie_event syntax, you might have to play around with it).

If you add this generic item to the HB__GARAGE_DOOR group, then siri can control it if you’re using homebridge and the latest master.