2.105 delay

Matthew Williams-2
First, sorry for being silent over the last week.  I was at an investor
conference and putting in 14 hour days to attract investment to my real-world job.

Bruce, Ralf and I had a short off-list discussion about his group of changes
that didn't make the original deadline for 2.105.  The decision was to push
back the 2.105 deadline as SF was having mailing list troubles.  I was tasked
with letting everyone know and totally dropped the ball.

So, the new 2.105 deadline will be 5pm Eastern tomorrow (Oct 13) as it is a
holiday here in Canada and I will definitely have time from now to then to
make sure everyone's changes get in.

Of course, we now have a 2.105 branch that is out of date as there have been
some trunk commits since that branch was created.  I will bring the branch
up-to-date tomorrow and create the RC2 tarball.  Bruce will create the
equivalent Windows binary package.

Let me know if you have any questions.  I'll be actively monitoring the list
over the next couple of days.

thanks,
Matt

--
GPG Key ID: 722441BA
MisterHouse Wiki: http://misterhouse.wikispaces.com/

NWE

Re: 2.105 delay

NWE
Hi,

How's the new release going?

Regards,

Neil Wrightson.

Neil Wrightson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How's the new release going?

The branch is up-to-date and I have uploaded the Linux tarball as RC2.  I
encourage as many testers as possible to try this out.  If you are
uncomfortable with svn, then this is the best way for you to make sure that
the final copy of 2.105 is bug free!

Here again is the branch URL:
https://misterhouse.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/misterhouse/branches/v2-105

Only bug and security fixes in the branch, please.

thanks,
Matt

--
GPG Key ID: 722441BA
MisterHouse Wiki: http://misterhouse.wikispaces.com/

Re: 2.105 delay

Bruce Winter-2
Matthew Williams wrote:

> Neil Wrightson wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> How's the new release going?
>>

> The branch is up-to-date and I have uploaded the Linux tarball as RC2.  I
> encourage as many testers as possible to try this out.  If you are
> uncomfortable with svn, then this is the best way for you to make sure that
> the final copy of 2.105 is bug free!
>
> Here again is the branch URL:
> https://misterhouse.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/misterhouse/branches/v2-105
>
> Only bug and security fixes in the branch, please.
>
> thanks,
> Matt

I just uploaded the windows zip files (source and compiled).   You can
get them here, along with the .gz file Matt uploaded yesterday:

 https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1365&package_id=1347

Bruce

CM11a issues -- help!

H Plato
Recently we've had a brief power outage, which has now messed up my
CM11a setup. Misterhouse can communicate with the CM11a, however the
CM11a cannot send or receive onto the powerline anymore.

I've unplugged it overnight to see if that might 'reset' the device,
however it hasn't helped. I've turned on X10 debugging, and I can see
the proper communication:

Cm11 data=85 hex=55
CM11 done
Backlog:
X10: interface=cm11 isfunc=1 save_unit=XI6 data XIK
CM11 send data=IK
Cm11 dim=0 header=00000110 hb=0111 cb=0011 bd=0x06 ,0x73 checksum=0x79
CM11 send: 0673 try: 1
..
CM11 data=121 hex=79
CM11 ack
CM11 send pc_ok, try: 1
CM11 data=85 hex=55
CM11 done
Backlog:

However no effect. I have Switchlinc switches that blink with X10
activity. When turning devices on and off through the web interface, I
don't see any X10 traffic on my powerline. Is there anything else I
can do to fix/troubleshoot?

Re: CM11a issues -- help!

ricks03

the only thing that's every worked for me is waiting longer.
Eventually (if not fried) it will fix itself. I had one I tinkered
with for several weeks, gave up, tossed it in a drawer, and 6 months
later worked fine.

That CM11 is the entire reason I switched to an environment where I
do sending with a CM17 and RF. I can't read the line, but have always
figured out ways to work around it.

Rick